Note to New Members ×

Thunder Dome Daily Rub-in

dingbat

Shred showed up at my hill tonight!

sasquatch01.jpg

The conditions weren't ideal.....

415336653_f564ec2385.jpg?v=0

But we made short work of tearin' it up regardless!!:biggthump

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5SL6RkD6g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5SL6RkD6g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

See you on the hill tomorrow!!!!!1:biggthump

Mark Thanks so much for putting the deals together and also for your excellent hospitality!!! Very very appreciated and found your mountain to be quite fun! and conditions Saturday were great!! I will be making it a stop when my work travel permits!! :):):):)

It was great meeting all and also to Kevin who was willing to try new boards and take instruction from all well... so well that from the morning to the evening Keven rode night and day better at the end.. So much more improvement I couldn't tell it was the same guy... Good job Kevin...!!:biggthump

To Ace! Nice one piece.. to bad its only two time faster zen zie Germans..!!:)

You ripped on the X4 and I have a feeling something like thats going to find a way into your hands... Don't forget to send those pic to me at:

rthut at zoominternet dot net.

And Buggs who kept me laughing all day long.... so much fun stuff.. going on!!

The Buggs and Dingbat naming conventions for the X5 had me rolling..

We all agreed that "Plankenschtein" won hand down.. you can get the Canadian version called the Monster.. But Zie Plankenschtein is already 3 times faster zen zie Austrians..

I can't remember them all but some are.

The duck Bill Platapus

The X5 Gehtto child

The Interceptor - I like that one..just need a silver police sticker and red light..

Also want to say sorry to the guys who came up on Sunday... but I had to catch a flight and could not chance the weather as it was going to be iffy.... I came home to about 8 inches of snow..

It was all fun.. and look forward to some more ice coast carving ...hmmm maybe next weekend....:ices_ange

RSS

BIG thanks to Dingbat for organizing and hosting this little hootenanny--and for giving up a rib or two for the good of the sport ;) Honestly, I think we did significantly impress some people this weekend--not merely because we were adults on snowboards, but because some folks just plain RIPPED! (Me not included.) And another big thanks to John for strapping on his Madd BX and doing some late day runs with me when conditions turned to...powder :eek: (Everyone, RUN!!!!) Seriously, it was great to have everyone out on the local hill. Hope everyone had a safe trip back home.

And now for some bad pictures. (Remember, I was following everybody on my stubby little freeride board for most of the time--so backs and butts were crowding my viewfinder...)

post-6931-141842275634_thumb.jpg

post-6931-141842275637_thumb.jpg

post-6931-141842275639_thumb.jpg

Collin and I made it back safely...... took us a weeeeeeeeee bit longer than we wanted. Behind plows, detours, and OMG this Subaroooo that had MAINE plates on it doing like four miles an hour..... and a woman driver who decided to STOP..... just plain STOP in the middle of a huge downhill section.

Was hilariously odd, but stopping for pizza was all we could think about after 2 hours in the car and a half hour more to go....

:boxing_sm got a bit punchy, but we made it. The super hot shower and ice cold beer (in the shower) was my perfect end to a great day.

Plus I had today off and got to sleep late :D :biggthump

*and add a new BEAST sticker to my carver.

Just glad noone got wrecked in the lumps and hidden trail merger grooming offsets........ (although I tried really hard when I went for an unexpected comando roll on the diamond! lol) After a week of teaching and riding 8 hours a day, Im just glad I had a half day's worth of legs under me at all.