Note to New Members ×

Bomber Butter

Flyin Hawaiian

As a former bike shop mechanic, I'm in the habit of putting a film of grease on anything with threads before tightening. This year I've started using a few drops of blue loctite instead (like the kind that comes already on the bolts you buy from Fin) and have been much happier with the results. When I go back to check my bolts to see if they're tight, they are. With the grease on the threads my bindings needed a lot more attention.

I haven't used Bomber Butter for hardware at all, I just use it for the ramps on my Intec receivers. It makes stepping in super smooth.

I have used blue Loctite, and Vibra-Tite (recommended by someone here, I forgot who) with moderately good results but I still have to tighten the bolts into the board periodically. That sure makes me appreciate how well the rest of the binding hardware snugs up though - I have never had any issue with the bolts into the cant plate, or the bolts that hold the toe/heel to the main plate, and I have never used anything but torque on those.

I sorta remember reading that you should grease the heads of the bolts where they seat on the baseplate, but haven't tried that myself. Anyone use that approach?