Note to New Members ×

Safe toeside

Bobby Buggs

On the toe side my safety thing or alignment device is to put my left hand on my knee or lower. it locks my left shoulder down so the right shoulder cant really sink into the turn, but it can open easily. I see Paul has his hand down by his boot, accomplishing the same thing.

Unfortunatly Pete didnt get the transition but here is where Im setting up to go to heelside

090201_061.jpg

additional pics for fun,

090201_062.jpg

090201_063.jpg

Bobby

Jack hit it right on the head. First few pics were like, nice nice nice and then awe.......... its an excellent sequence of very relaxed, upright position, shoulders level, not reaching, rear knee open/partially dropped, hips settled. that is the position I try to emulate when I ride, it just feels the best when everything is clicking. Once in a while I will throw it down to the snow, but something about making solid turns with the forms shown that makes good all around riding.

These photos illustrate exactly what I was trying to get across to JP1 here in PA in helping him with his progress. I know there are varied styles, but I think what you have there and the photo of Paul demonstate proper position, at least what is needed here on the ice coast.

So many photos, I see folks reaching for the snow and bent forward at waist

(a habit I had to break). Good little pencil pinch on your left hip, right elbow slightly up to keep that hand away from the snow, left hand forward. I will also say that the photo that Sean has for his metals add on the BOL page show great form too on the toeside.

My $.02, but what do I know being the Pennsyltucky Hillbilly I am.

Hope the season is going well, fairly good here except for the past week of balmy crap.

Greg

Yeah I ride in that posture most of the time but like you said I will toss it down on the snow just to vary it a bit. I was setting up to reach across with both hands and hit the snow. Some times I get feeling too static and actually want to be out of position a bit just to see how the board will react. Funny thing about that Coiler Metal it never even barks at me when I do stupid stuff:freak3:

Tell you 1 thing, I never feel like its a long board when I ride it but looking at the pics its a biggun like this

090201_048.jpg

These photos illustrate exactly what I was trying to get across to JP1 here in PA in helping him with his progress. I know there are varied styles, but I think what you have there and the photo of Paul demonstate proper position, at least what is needed here on the ice coast.

I agree totally, You will hear the Carvefather preach the Ice coast survival style and its true. Setting up your style like this can be the difference in making a great turn or ending up in the woods biting bark on the East coast ice:nono:

Thats why its So much fun to go out to SES and ride real trails and good groom, I can really vary from the Survival style and do all the things I teach my self not to do here:biggthump