Note to New Members ×

Looking for Cant Plates

Guest AlpentalRider

Guest AlpentalRider

I am in the market for some cant plates for my freeride board. Does anyone know where I can purchase some which are 3d compatible? I'm looking for a cant of between 3-6 degrees.

Ted, I would be interested in the 4x4 cant. If the Alpental rider doesn't want them. Happy to paypal you or send shipping label ??

Alpental rider, if it is for your style board check out the The palmer riser. They come in a variety of styles , cant degrees etc. I know at least one BOL rider using them just for the clearance and leverage they provide.

If you are looking specifically for 3-D (which is Burton's coined term) They used to call them "Min" or Max" cants , either 3 or 6 degree. They also made one that had a bunch of parts , I don't recall off hand what that one was called.

I have several sets of the min cants. However they are still mounted on board that didn't have inserts and I might want to drag them out and go for a "Oldschool" ride. I will see if I can come up with some photos in the archives if that helps. Bryan

Guest AlpentalRider

The cant I'm looking for will be put on an 04 Burton Johan with 05 Burton P1 Carbon bindings, so it will have to be 3d compatible (4x4 won't work for me).

I have been using the Burton Unicants (the multiple piece cant burton has), but they are very heavy, have a large footprint, and also contain an inherent 1 degree of slack due to their design (they use a metal swivel plate that attaches the binding to the board with 2 plastic outer rings setting the cant angle).

I checked out the Palmer risers you mentioned above, but there is no mention of being able to cant them in any fashion either on their website or in their catalog.

I would be very happy with getting a hold of a min or max cant from burton, or the cants that come with Burton Race bindings.

Bryan,

Be glad to let you have it. I don't use them any more. I go with a heal/toe lift instead. Let me know what you'd like to do as far as shipping goes. For me, it doesn't really matter...shipping label, paypal...whatever.

And for the record, I use Palmer Powerlinks on my soft boots and they do not have a canting option.

Ted

• 2 weeks later...