Note to New Members ×

Warren Miller episode

CarvCanada

Guest Ghostrider

I'm in the holding pattern now I guess...

I sent an e-mail in to the Producers/Directors of warren miller entertainment on the 7th...I havent heard back from them yet..I imagine they are busy finishing up Impact still, so I'm not expecting an instant answer.

But I did a nice write up about what SES is about and gave them a quick pitch on a few high points like the limbo and events like that which would really add to the movie. They are as high as I can get in the WM hierarchy other than Kurt or Warren...

I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything from Max or Josh so every body send carving thoughts to them and hope for the best.

• 1 year later...
Guest tdinardo
BOL members. Great to see all the comments on the old school videos!! One of the features I would like to have on my site is an archive of snowboard videos. Particularly focused on early videos and carving videos. Those are what I am partial to. It occurred to me many of the BOL members might be willing to contribute "Write-ups" above the movies? With the write ups and photos I have in the archives of all these great movies , we could put together a pretty cool listing of all these old flicks? Just a thought.

Format something like a "Highlights" write up , list of riders, play time, date filmed, significant carving scenes and historically significant moments. Thanks again. Bryan

Bryan,

Have you ever considered getting permission to convert some of these old vids to WMV and set them up to stream off of your site? Now that would be cool! :biggthump

I would think most of the copyright owners might be cool with it for the really old stuff (so long as it's a streaming only kind of set-up). It'd be pretty easy to do too.

Tom.

Hi Tom, love to do that. Just one of many projects that would take more time than I have to offer. The companies I have tried to contact in the past are gone. I would be happy to host them! Anyone have time to follow up on this excellent suggestion? Maybe someone knows folks at Burton, Sims, etc.

Most are rightly protective of their work. It would be an awesome add to the site. On a more basic level. I would love to simply get a good list / description catalog of the early vids. Working on this in my spare time. Love to watch them anyway! Thanks , Bryan

Guest tdinardo
Hi Tom, love to do that. Just one of many projects that would take more time than I have to offer. The companies I have tried to contact in the past are gone. I would be happy to host them! Anyone have time to follow up on this excellent suggestion? Maybe someone knows folks at Burton, Sims, etc.

Most are rightly protective of their work. It would be an awesome add to the site. On a more basic level. I would love to simply get a good list / description catalog of the early vids. Working on this in my spare time. Love to watch them anyway! Thanks , Bryan

I can do the conversion work if someone else can work the rights/permission issue. :biggthump Any takers?

Guest purewhite

Hi there,

the streaming-archive sound like a pretty cool idea...to the rights-issue...

broadcasting media such as video or audio may cost money...i think even money a click/stream...means, if u have 2500 people watching e.g. snow-daze (sims), u maybe have to pay a fee of 1 cent a viewer...and so on.

maybe u can work around the costs by building an archive which is to be used by the companies as a promotional tool too....means, u promote all the new videos too...

ONE QUESTION (again).

I am looking for the BURTON VIDEO "SCREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS" since the last 12 years now...i lost my copy....

is there anybody able to help me with that? selling me a copy?

Cheers

Pw

Guest tdinardo
Hi there,

maybe u can work around the costs by building an archive which is to be used by the companies as a promotional tool too....means, u promote all the new videos too...

That's probably the only way that it would be practicable. Putting it on Bryan's site for archival and promotional purposes would be the most likely way to get company's like Burton and Sims to grant permission. It's probably a pipe dream though....

Not to name drop but I've been friends with the WM Gang for years (my wife -now ex-wife) worked for them. I've tried every season to get them to include some alpine/extreme carve footage ( I guess my carves aren't to their liking :cool: ). In lieu of footage, I have gotten them to donate 7 DVD's to aid the "Bomber needs your help" cause.

With that said - they've given me seven DVD's with proceeds going to the Bomber cause. I spoke with Fin and Michelle and with their permission, these are for sale here for $25.00 per DVD. Proceeds going directly to Bomber - my liitle way of helping raise money for their legal fund. Yes you can buy them for a few dollars less online but this is a fundraiser for Bomber and includes shipping costs

Anyone interested can send a check - made out to Bomber, and I'll send you one of their DVD's. There's 7 to choose from including two "behind the scenes" promo DVDs.

The seven films are:

Steeper and Deeper

Ski a la Carte

Endless Winter

Journey

These four are a collector boxed set - Let me know if you want the set

Behind the ski - promo DVD

All Access - Promo DVD

Impact

Email me or reply to this post if interested and I'll send you my mailing address and you can send me your address for shipping. Again, make payment by check to Bomber (I'll pay postage). Remember - it's going to a good cause even if they won't put hardbooters in their films.

Curtis