Note to New Members ×

Why you need a long Board at Whistler Blackcomb

C5 Golfer

I'm heading up to Whistler this Friday for 10 days, and am bringing the following quiver:

A Coiler AMC 172 - perfect length and flex for Whistler/Blackcomb's carving runs

An Oxygen 164 Proton - for laying trenches in heavy weekend traffic

A Winterstick 166 Severe Terrain- for playing in the tree powder stashes in the afternoon, and carving the moguls and steeps.

More Photos

Photo is taken from the top of Seventh Heaven -- You can see the Whistler Runs -- well half of them since the other half is down the other side of the mountain. Peak to Creek Run if you go to Whistler one of the days... is a must. I bet you can't do it with out stopping to rest the legs. it is 5280 Ft of vertical drop with about a 2 1/2 mile long non stop run. The other photo shows the Solar Coaster Chair lift on BlackComb.

post-53-141842273563_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842273566_thumb.jpg

My brother-in-law and his older brother came out to ski at Whistler last January. Their home hill is Loon Mountain in New Hampshire- so they spent the Fall season training for endurance in order to prepare for the big gain in skiable elevation they would encounter at Whistler.

Even with that, doing laps on Whistler's Peak to Creek during their first two days of their stay almost put them on their knees. I took it easy on them the first day too- only two laps of Peak-to-Creek for their intro to big mountain skiing.

I still chuckle when I picture these two strapping New England skiers almost falling asleep at the dinner table at Cittas restaurant on their second day-probably due to a combination of our more potent Canadian beer and all of the vertical that their sly Canadian host had sandbagged them into.

Geo

man enjoy that snow and the beautiful bluebird days! Whistler is one of my favorite mountains....such a good combo of excellent terrain, great groomers, and an outstanding village apres ski/nightlife....super jealous! crank some turns for us!