Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Indy Issues

Boarder_Ted

So I just got a pair of new to me Deeluxe Indy boots after being in Raichle 325's for years now. I molded the liners, which had never been cooked by the look of them, and I have to say the fit is terrible. I had Thermoflex liners in my old boots and have run them in softies for years so it's not like I didn't know what was what but for the life of me I can't get them to fit well. It looks like the padded area that goes around the heel and under the ankle bones is way too low. It hits me on the widest part of my heel. I thought I'd try molding them without footbeds to see if I could get my heel lower in them and maybe that would help. I'm not sure it will because the other problem with them is the shiny, metallic looking material they put around the heel area. It feels real slick. As they are, I can lift my heel right out- not secure at all. I also tried bootfitter's foam to no avail. Anybody else have trouble with them? At this point, I'm thinking of just putting my old liners in the new boots. Sigh...seems like a waste but....

The other problem I have is the ankle strap seems real short. When the liners had swollen after baking, I could barely get it on the first notch. It's better now they have cooled but it's still snug. And I have a small foot.

Also the tongue of the boot always seems to want to be off center. It is attached at the side of the boot so the tighter you close it, the more off center it becomes. If this makes any sense. Is this normal?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any insight you all have on this.

Thanks,

Ted

The boots came with one length of ankle strap. I did get them "used" but they are virtually new boots. The liners are the ones that came with the boots and they are the same size I have had since I started riding 17 years ago.

As for riding the loaf, I get up there once or twice a year. I'm mostly a Sunday River guy. That extra hour drive usually just too much. :D But if you are going through Portland, I live right here and could meet you somewhere. Do you have a convenient stopping point on your way by? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

So you are saying that you need a longer ankle strap because the liner is too bulky? Is it usable at all? If it is and you have a low volume foot I would wait and see if the liner compacts a bit and makes it more usable. I changed mine because I had a low volume foot. If needed I could meet you in Portland.

Is the liner too bulky? Well, I guess the answer is no? I personally don't feel the liner is inappropriate for the boots. It simply seems like the strap supplied with the boots is too short. It works now, albeit with some difficulty but it was nearly impossible to connect when I molded the liners. They had swollen so that I couldn't make the connection. I barely got it on the first notch.