Note to New Members ×

Is this more than binding suck?

newcarver

Have large dipped areas that is as big as the whole insert pattern for both bindings that is 1/8" deep when you lay a straight edge across the base. This is on an O-sin 3800. I ride with metal baseplate soft bindings that have a dampner pad under them. I use a hand driven, 3" long screw driver to mount the bindings so don't think I have been using too much torque on them. I ride this board pretty hard (soft boot carving, freeride). The recesed area seems to be getting worse the more I ride it. Is this thing going to blow appart on me? Or is it just an extreme example of binding suck?

Have large dipped areas that is as big as the whole insert pattern for both bindings that is 1/8" deep when you lay a straight edge across the base. This is on an O-sin 3800. I ride with metal baseplate soft bindings that have a dampner pad under them. I use a hand driven, 3" long screw driver to mount the bindings so don't think I have been using too much torque on them. I ride this board pretty hard (soft boot carving, freeride). The recesed area seems to be getting worse the more I ride it. Is this thing going to blow appart on me? Or is it just an extreme example of binding suck?

If you wax with the bindings tight it can really make the inserts worse. I always back off the screws a few turns when waxing.

Yeah, it happend with my 4807 as well. It was a cracked core. Started under the bindings, and spread. Heck, the ptex split after some point. It gets worse, but I never had any issues with it, it just looks ugly as hell. I only used mine in the soft stuff though, so I can't tell you how it will carve. The boards just aren't meant to withstand the force hardboots put on the inserts, and I'll never get an Osin again, unless it's really cheap, as they do make good early/late season rock boards.

I split the core on my 4807. I did it in a crash though. But I remain convinced that the boards aren't built as sturdily as they could be. I didn't realize it was broken until I tried to ride it a year later in 6-9" of pow on top of crust. Every time I bottomed out on the crust, I couldn't hold an edge at all. The board was essentially folding under me.