Note to New Members ×

Schtubby X3 "lunchtray" diagnosis

Dr D

Dammit, Shred is gonna be akskin for royalties:freak3:

It is designed off of the same tooling used for All Mountain boards. The nose is interesting as I found the same with similar others I have tested. It looks scary but after a run or two you just forget about it and ride. When on edge it will really get through a lot of crap. Sidecut is just a simple radial for predictable turning. The flex type is very relaxed with a higher percentage of glass to make it an easy ride. Too easy for some and that is why I now have a few different levels of rebound which are used according to desired end use. They are small differences but they are different.

Yknow, there is a certain truth to What Mike T has mentioned earlier in the thread, most of my boards are easy rides with super performance potential, I'm just too tired to get beat up by my boards anymore so my design direction now reflects that:biggthump

When I say can I stuff the nose in a bump, I don't mean a piece of crud or some chop on the groom. I mean, I'm in hip-height steep bumps, am I gonna stuff the nose into one?

Yes

get the board made with a pointy nose and you'll be in there.

g I've been lobbying Bruce to build a megawide version for softies but the materials don't come wide enough and other tooling issues.

IMO, the stubby is ideal for softboot carving.

I barked up that tree with BV on the, well, BV(SC) chair last weekend.... he just can't build them wide enough for those of us with softboot tendencies and violin-case sized feet.

i'll just have to get one for my hardboots....

the answer isn't a wider board. ITs this one with catek freerides and a stiff boot(salomon malamutes) I am riding it at 65/60 with no boot out and no issues. Shred and Cuban have both seen it. step outside the box its a liberating experience. conditions were very hard groomers with light fresh accumulations later in the day of about 2 inches. So it ruled from hard groomers to soft piles of crud.:biggthump

Rode it today in suicidal soft groomers Inches deep fold the nose for sure stuff. Absolutely no problem :1luvu:Couldn't make it blink.

Rode soft west coast wet powder 4- 6 inches off piste

It was glorious. Who knew this thing had a chance of being so versatile:confused:

Clearly Shred was smoking some good **** when he thought this thing up:eplus2:

I am still amazed and in love:1luvu:

Just think what it will cost me to het it back!

It is a hyper BX. Hard core sorftie board. I'm glad you are likeing it. Keep testing and keep reporting!!!!

Let's see what it can do. For me there was no limits. Other than real hard groom. But for do all. It smoked. You need a radical MADD killer ride the X4. Very agreesive pop steep board.

• 3 weeks later...

I found something it wouldn't do:eplus2:

lazy ankle carves in really soft groom everything going just fine. I leaned over farther with each carve just playing with it on a fresh groomed cat track. the nose augered in and layed me over. not really a folded nose scenario, but more operator error. I can do the same thing all day long in any conditions provided I stay on the tail. trying to "push" it on a toeside initiation caught me flat with to much weight on the nose. at least for the super soft groom I was in.

On a seperate note

It will do moguls nicely. ITs short enough and the transition is fast enough its totally doable:biggthump

DR. D did you ever detune that front edge or are you saving it to carve up people in your way?? Bruce built a wicked toy with that one . saw him ripping the gates today at caledon he had tha advantage of last man through the gates he didn"t seem to ease off a bit. won the podium but didn't stay for the glory probably behind in his work!