Note to New Members ×

Schtubby X3 "lunchtray" diagnosis

Dr D

Well lets see.........

where are my notes? aaah yes here we are.

So I rode this little monstrosity yesterday:eplus2:

I just don't get it:freak3: Why would anyone want a board that doesn't require pain and suffering to ride? As you all know I am a little different perhaps but seriously I expect a snowboard to kick my ass by days end. I expect to be spanked when I get lazy. I expect to be soundly punished for my impertinence at least twice a day:eplus2:

This crazy little canuckistanian product absolutely refused to participate in chicanery of any sort for the entire day. I certainly hope that Bruce did not keep the molds on this one. If this thing ever sees the light of day in large numbers the world as we know it is over.:eek:

What would we do if carving became so easy that anyone could do it? The mtns would be reduced to freshly plowed cornfield status and peace and love would abound!

I think I know why Shred Drinks. The very possibility that he let this monster loose on the world is to much for him to bear:eplus2:

In short, Its quite possibly most definitely the sweetest board I ever rode and I must have it.:1luvu: If Shred doesn't make it home its because he wouldn't give it to me. I have a shovel and 5 acres out back Its just not going to be a problem:D

Disclaimer: I rode it in soft boots and catek FR2 so I obviously know nothing and the above should definitely be ignored:eplus2:

ITs short but rides long. feels like a mid 170 board.

very damp, Coiler metal is the shizznit

very lively but in a controlled way.

lay it over and it initiates flawlessly. The schtubby tech is at work here. The few times I thought I might have pushed to far one of two things solved the problem immediately (relax and lay it farther over) The tendency to muscle the board was resisted while simply relaxing put the board into auto pilot.

I ride a Madd BX stiff w/o carbon butterfly on most groomer days. Which I love by the way. this board is light years ahead and way easier to ride.

Dr D, if this is the first Coiler you've been on, beg a ride some other models before you go with the X3. I suspect you'll find that other models are equally awesome in their own way. I personally like my NSR, Classic and AM better than both Schtubby variants I've ridden (X1 and X2).

The whole schtubby lineup is here this week so I have that covered.

honestly it worked so well for me that my game was up at least 20%. IT was made for me and my unique crazy style. I ride more FR2 catek and softie than I do hardboot. see disclaimer

glad you're liking it!

I have a 170 with a 11 meter SCR. Just really put it to the test yesterday.

GREAT board. I've been lobbying Bruce to build a megawide version for softies but the materials don't come wide enough and other tooling issues.

IMO, the stubby is ideal for softboot carving.

Disclaimer: I rode it in soft boots and catek FR2 so I obviously know nothing and the above should definitely be ignored:eplus2:

Is riding it with softies legal in Montana?

Templates are not made anymore especially for those weird boards. I just make up the base and use that as a template for the other required parts of the process. I do however keep detailed build sheets on every board built so can duplicate if need be. Just the tip/tail shape would have to be redone

BV

:biggthumpstand it up on edge and it cuts right thru them. The trick is in the nose tech. The nose rocker starts a good 2 inches before the effective edge ends. ITs really easy to ride and almost impossible to stuff a nose. similiar nose feel to the 4807 if you have ever ridden one. Don't let the sawed off look scare you. Bruce would be happy to make one with a nose if it you asked. Its just unnecessary:biggthump

Is riding it with softies legal in Montana?

Templates are not made anymore especially for those weird boards. I just make up the base and use that as a template for the other required parts of the process. I do however keep detailed build sheets on every board built so can duplicate if need be. Just the tip/tail shape would have to be redone

BV

You have mail:biggthump

just the part where it transitions from edge to nose. IF you look it starts to decamber before the end of the effective edge.

note: I have seen some crazy **** on a 4807 and I have never seen a nose stuffed on one. that said its a different animal in most respects,.

Bruce, do these have a definite sidecut radius or an elliptical (progressive, whatever its called..) one? What's your impression of the benefits of one vs the other?

Also interested to know more about it... :biggthump

The X3 looks like the Oxess BX59. I fell in love with the shape of the board, its minimalist and complex in its way of design in the same time.

I have the impression that maybe those new shape's design are an evolution from the metal or CF made boards industry.

The Schtubby looks too me like an hybrid of the X3 and the AM. It is a very nice board and my resolution of year is to get the found to get one :D

But I would also consider an X3 really seriously too if a production is made :eplus2: