Note to New Members ×

Worst Beer

dano

Ever buy a 12 pack on sale of something that just plain svcked?

I'm currently forcing down a Full Moon Winter ale that I bought by accident ( damn autopilot thought it was normal Blue Moon on sale for 9.99 ) I brought and left most at a party but it looks like a few were hiding in the back of the icebox.

Stuff is pretty pukish overall. Especially nasty finish...like apricot cider.

I actually never met a winter ale that I liked. One beer wonders, all of them.

Never fear, I still have some fresh Sierra Nevada Ales in there, and the wife's Sam's Cherry Wheat if I get desperate.

dano tried to pawn off those Brew Mungs for a ride to the mechanic to get his Subie,instead he produced a package or Maple Bacon( which was delicious ):biggthump

not that I would've expected anything to help out a buddy:)

dano is famous for his Pete's wicked, aged in his trunk in the hot summer months , after a session at the beach.

hey, can't complain about free beer :smashfrea

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron - Some may like this, I do not. The first sip I found interesting, after that I found it undrinkable - :barf:

Blasphemy!!! (And no, that's not in reference to the awesome quad by Weyerbacher)

PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon):flamethro I bought a 12 pack because my cousin highly recommended and it was cheap. PBR was so bad, I swore off beer for a couple of months.

A buddy of mine brought some over a while ago and it got the job done, real cheap and way higher alcohol content than your average. Not sayin' I liked it, but I didn't react quite as violently as you did.

Being a Canadian and listening to you guys complain about a six pack that only cost you $1.25 is pretty funny. A case (12 bottles) of my brew of choice costs me a cool $23, a six pack is about $12.

I flew out of Seattle to one of my buddy's wedding in Anaheim, CA last May. After me and my buddy (the best man) and his old lady crossed the border we sauntered into a Safeway to grab some beer. In the beer aisle I saw my brew of choice (Molson Canadian) for 9.99 a case. :eek:There were big signs around it that said IMPORTED. Me and my buddy just looked at each other and laughed. It was less than half of what we pay at home.

Any (nice) single American girls out there?

BACK ON TOPIC. The worst beer that I've had lately is from Rickards in Calgary, most of you probably haven't heard of. It's called Rickards red.

later,

Dave R.

years ago dano found a liquor store in RI that had CASES upon cases of Breckenridge for like 7.99 a case, the stuff was definatly past it's prime but still drinkable. We'd stock up every time we rally'd down to Newport to surf.

as far as NASTY brews....Old Swillwaukee ICE 5.9% is pretty foul, steel reserve, king cobra, etc all that cheap 40 oz crap.

Haffenreffer " Green Death " is wicked nasty too but we'd swill it in high school. Remember Lowenbrau ? not bad when yer 16 ;)

http://www.cracked.com/article_16314_nectar-broke-worlds-5-worst-ways-get-drunk.html

here's to good friends, tonight is kinda special.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_NuPvqcPA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_NuPvqcPA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

post-123-141842272396_thumb.jpg

[snipmy brew of choice (Molson Canadian) for 9.99 a case.[snip]

The worst beer that I've had lately is from Rickards in Calgary, most of you probably haven't heard of. It's called Rickards red.

Just goes to show tastes do vary. I think Canadian is about the worst of the popular macros in Canada. I wouldn't normally order Rickards Red either but it's way better IMNSHO.

Any variation of American Lite beer is pretty much swill.

Heiniken. Smells like bo and a skunk. Filled with piss.

No votes for Blatz? At $4 per case of longnecks, it was a reallly cheap buzz.

Not a huge fan of Heinikin either, but I'll drink it. The best thing about heiniken though is that you can get it pretty much anywhere in the world.

later,

Dave R.

Just goes to show tastes do vary. I think Canadian is about the worst of the popular macros in Canada. I wouldn't normally order Rickards Red either but it's way better IMNSHO.

Any variation of American Lite beer is pretty much swill.

Labatts blue is pretty bad. How about Colt 45 in the 40oz. bottle. Ugh.

later,

Dave R.