Note to New Members ×

Proper bail tension

Lorddrek

I have my Snowpro Race Plate bindings size large adjusted out to max width and my Head Stratos Pro boots size 30.5 barely clamp in. Since I am not used to carving gear it seems really to stiff but maybe this is how it is? Now I have yet to mount it to the board so this could have something to do with it. Any feedback on proper bail tension would be appreciated.

Derek

If your boot size dictated that the bindings should be totally maxed out, with toe/heel block sliders projecting slightly out of the base sliders, DO NOT USE THOSE BINDINGS, but find something apropriate for your boot size. Using Snowpros pushed over the designed max position could lead to failure and we had a case like that already discussed on Bomber.

If you are still within the normal stretch, set the tension with a bit of "oumph" required to close, but without both hands being used.

Another important note: Retighten the toe/heel block screws when on the snow 1st time, as the plastic will shrink a bit. After the 1st ride this operation is not likely to be required again. However, still check all the screws periodically.

Wet mount the base plates to the board. It will create extra vacuum and the binding will literally stick to the board. It's good for a piece of mind, considering that the centre disk doesn't have the gears like majority of the other bindings.