Note to New Members ×

Burton Cartels - no angle markings? wtf

FTA2R

setting my new Burton Cartels up to ready for tomorrow, my first day of the season (late start this year)...

there are no angle markings on the bindings! wth? how am i supposed to know what angles these things are at??? are all bindings like this? i may be returning these...

any help is appreciated

thx

The teeth on the discs are in 3 degree increments, so if you start at zero degrees (it should be easy to line the arrows on the binding and the disc to zero) then turn the disc one tooth at a time until you get the angle you want.

Then, mount the binding and disc to the board without moving the disc (example: moving the disc ten teeth from zero equals 30 degrees).

:p Liar!

<DT class=smallfont>Current bindings and set-up?: <DD class=smallfont>Catek Olympic standard, 19.75 inch stance, 57* 54*, 3* outward cant on both feet<DD class=smallfont><DD class=smallfont><DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont>Alright sorry..On topic, just so you don't have to use old discs, Burton gives out discs for free and they are numbered, give rider's services a call (800) 881-3138

</DD>

:p Liar!

<DT class=smallfont>Current bindings and set-up?: <DD class=smallfont>Catek Olympic standard, 19.75 inch stance, 57* 54*, 3* outward cant on both feet<DD class=smallfont><DD class=smallfont><DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont> <DD class=smallfont>Alright sorry..On topic, just so you don't have to use old discs, Burton gives out discs for free and they are numbered, give rider's services a call (800) 881-3138

</DD>

Eh, that's what it used to be. No clue now.

You cant "call" burton anymore..... they are too big to deal with us little people..... :rolleyes:.

Having worked in this industry for a while and having owned some burton gear, I have to say they are without a doubt the WORST customerservice when it comes to replacement parts or "issues" with QC or other things not addressed by their sales department or the website F.A.Q. :(

No doubt you can call Burton. Done it as recently as 2 weeks ago for my brother's bindings.

http://www.burton.com/RiderServices/Contact.aspx

There's the number, once more. The qualms with Burton as a company are baseless from my experience. They have someone at the phone from 8 am to 9pm eastern, and if you're asking about a relatively recent softboot board, they know their stuff. What do you expect when you're asking questions about an unsupported product? Don't buy a Burton alpine board next time.

burton is not that bad

you CAN call them despite what the crying person above says.

GREAT bindings for what they are, a mid level binding that's not intended to be super stiff

burton customer service is still good, at least it was last time I needed something (jan 2007)

Honestly, ESPI must have a ax to grind with them because he rides rossi. a company known for boards that don't last and being impossible about warranties.

Burton's terrible customer service included a free pair of Fires because of a shell issue with some reactors. then a free pair of fires because I had a issue with the liners in them, I really made out like a bandit BECAUSE THEY LET ME KEEP THE SHELLS AND THEN SENT ME A COMPLETE PAIR OF BOOTS when I had just sent them a set of liners.

multiple replaced softboot decks that were clearly abused.

All sorts of binding parts, AWESOME in that department too.

When I get a new set up I mount the bindings where I think they should be, I mount up, visualize myself going forward, if it doesn't feel right I adjust. Make an evening of it, order a pizza, buy a 6 pack of your prefered brew, pop in some snowboard vids and bond. Next I take it to the snow. If it still doesn't get it done I then know where I need to make the adjustment and by the 3rd run I'm dialed.

Move the toe ramp and you should see the marks on the base plate of the binding. There are larger marks every 15 degrees.

It's not that hard.

'nuff said. I checked out my Cartels today and sure enough, there were the detents and numbers. I have size 15 feet, though, so my ramps are moved all the way out. I could see how the ramps may be covering the angle markings.

FTA2R - Let us know if you find them under there.

(I'll get to your other email soon)

'nuff said. I checked out my Cartels today and sure enough, there were the detents and numbers. I have size 15 feet, though, so my ramps are moved all the way out. I could see how the ramps may be covering the angle markings.

FTA2R - Let us know if you find them under there.

(I'll get to your other email soon)

size 15? geez what are you in mondo point? How do you find boots for that?

I know Phil was asked the question, but I'll answer. I'm a size 15 also and the Head Stratos Pros I have are 31.5 Phil rides UPZ if memory serves me correctly and I don't know how the shell reads with respect to Mondo point. Heads fit me well so I bought a second pair in case they cease to make them. Watchin' what I say here - King Crimson is callin' people out!

Meh, perhaps not an axe, but a Hatchet..... sure.

My issues are with their lack of older gear support. Their answer to me was " Buy new products".

WRONG ANSWER when there is nothing bad about a product other than a broken part that can not be repaired except with an identical piece.

I've had burton boards and still have some their bindings, but dillar for dollar, I found other brands to out perform Burton hands down time and again.

AS to my love for Rozzi, :1luvu: never been done wrong by them even once... although they are indeed difficult to contact directly aswell.... I have dealers and reps I can go through witht he touch of a speed dial button :)