Note to New Members ×

Did I overreact today?????

Chubz

No I don't, regardless of whether on not any sexual behavior was going on inappropriate contact seemed to be occurring in a place where is shouldn't have been. Contact of such a nature isn't appropriate at co-ed onsen's in Japan or even the same sex Turkish baths why would one expect that it would be in a YMCA in the USA.

kinda tough call. I for one think it would be "ok" if they had bathing suits on and rubbing each other's back.

But like what you said, the description of what happened do sound odd. Something's "off" with this. THis might not be the case if they both were in the adult section of the shower ?

D-Sub, There has never been an recognized scientific study linking Autism to vacines. The dramatic rise in reported cases of autism over the past couple of decades is almost entirely attributable to the broadening of the recognized spectrum of autism related conditions and improved diagnostic techniques.

I also have several family members with Asperger's syndrome (3 who are formally diagnosed and several others who showed the signs but never had a formal diagnosis due to age - nobody knew what this was in the 60's and 70's - they just called you "hyper"), some of whom had full series of vaccinations and some who did not. Based on my reading and my own observations, there is a much stronger case for genetic causes than for environmental causes.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/290/13/1763

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/285/9/1183

Two major studies published in JAMA showing no evidence of relationships between thimerisol (sp?) and MMR vaccines to incidence of autism

There are also "studies" that show aspartame is safe!

Ok, as the thread has drifted.

Tex, I also find the genetic link most plausible. Do you have any Celiac or gluten intolerence in your family. We have, so the leaky gut theory makes sense to me. A couple of studies claim to disprove this theory because the gluten antibodies were not present in the autistic kids they tested. This to me does not make sense as, if the antibodies were present, the kids would be Celiac, not Autistic.

BobD

Ok, as the thread has drifted.

Tex, I also find the genetic link most plausible. Do you have any Celiac or gluten intolerence in your family. We have, so the leaky gut theory makes sense to me. A couple of studies claim to disprove this theory because the gluten antibodies were not present in the autistic kids they tested. This to me does not make sense as, if the antibodies were present, the kids would be Celiac, not Autistic.

BobD

none that I am aware of. a few food allergies (dairy, peanut, citrus) but no gluten problems.

a 16 year old boy soaping a man's back in a public shower is creepy. period.

Ditto. I find it hard to get upset about nudity in a locker room, as long as no one's doing anything weird/disgusting. We Americans are maybe a bit hung up on nudity. But the soaping of the back sounds inappropriate for the venue - can't really think of a relationship between the two that would make that OK.

I think chubz handled it very well. I dunno if I would've been as PC. Having your kids with you and making a scene would've ruined your case.

I remember being at a YMCA in Bennington VT next to my gramma's house at like 11 years old and some creepy guy was soaping up kids backs in the shower. I was like...get the **** away from me :angryfire I went back to gramma's and told my dad about it and he went directly to the Y and made sure they understood was child molestation was. I'd already seen weird stuff at my home Y, after swim team locker room etc - that stuff creeps me out. I don't even go to the Y or any other health clubs anymore.

OK, I removed the song by @n@l see u next tues

about this incident

http://www.gigwise.com/article.php?contentid=38839

edit: maybe Pyle did get set up by his crazy ex wife...who knows ?

tamer vid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3LpriSmxM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3LpriSmxM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It seems so long ago we watched him every week to see what new sh####t was going to happen.

Big thing, have you ever heard his singing and the albums he made.

His has to be the best XMas one ever made , it blows all of the XMas ones Elvis did into the weeds.

Especially on my four speaker one year only Radio Shack ( to compete with crown and some of the other TOTL systems it did not work RS Just did not get the super high end buyers) 125 watt per channel times four plus surround with four 34" X 18" x 16" cabs ( on castered base plates as I can not lift one of them alone) with 15" woofers with monster mags, and deep dish 6"x 6" mid range plus piezio 4" x 4 " horn tweeters.

If this unit ever croaks I will have to get my old books out and repair it.

It was the replacement for my Heathkit AR 1500 custom built by Yours truly with all parts upgraded to NASA level mil spec( can't tell how I did that). Still have the Oscilloscope / signal generator that mathches the AR too.

you play stuff like for example Madonna's classics and you get to hear her off color remarks/comments in the studio session that are off mic ......?....... in the background. pretty weird.

even most good CD's although digital depending on whether cheapo (rip offs) or decent (authorized) copy, sampling quality, has all kinds of interesting stuff most folks have never heard. the sound track of City of Angels with meg ryan is off the charts on the sessions of the "goo goo dolls" . Daughter Theresa found that one on the VHS of the movie and saved it to the PC.

Even my 18 year old Monster super foam pads TOTL Koss studio engineer Head Phones do not catch as much going on in the background.

CHase:biggthump

my man...you are the master of going OT and rambling.

if there was a prize, you'd win it!

maybe we need a competition:rolleyes:

OT on the Nambla but have you seen the usb turntables for cheap ? Now, when I see some old albums at a garage sale I think about converting them to CD

this one looks kinda cool

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020story.cfm?Ref=G&PM=LPCD&type=GSrch&Srh=USB_record_player&gclid=CK_p7ovhn5gCFQEoGgodBBIqnw