Note to New Members ×

ECES announcement

Jack M

Originally posted by Rob-CanCarve

Hey Jack:

Just wanted to thank you for all your efforts in the past ECES's - they have been absolutely excellent and is the best riding I do all season.

Thanks, but I was only directly involved with this last ECES. Previously I was allowed to play Vanna White and hand out Bomber prizes, but that was it.

Not knowing what has transpired - who is currently controlling ECES LLC???

CMC and Ken B control the LLC.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

In light of the recent unfortunate events here, I can no longer be associated with cmc and the ECES as long as he is involved with it. I have removed myself from the planning of the 2005 event. This is not a personal matter.

Sure, it does sound like personal. The first part sound very emotional. You haven't stated that it was some sort of business miscunduct ("unfortunate events"?). You know better than me that there is a special business language to wrap it up nicely :D At least I hear that s... on daily basis at my office and I play around with it.

Oops... probably my English wasn't that good again :p

I hope it was only business problem and everything could be resolved. Could we try and communicate better to resolve the issue?

MaciekSKontakt@netscape.net (for those who still care about it)

During the recent imbrogloio, CMC had posted that ECES had in fact predated some of the BOL crew's involvement--and would continue to do so even as some individuals no longer felt they could continue due to 'conflicts'.

CMC also indicated that the ECES, without Bomber's sponsorship, would continue this season, as it had before.

Because of caustic, imflammatory language, CMC's post was quickly deleted. As he seems to no longer able to post on this site, you might try one of the other carving forums to see if there are still plans to continue ECES without Bomber's support or involvement.

FWIW.

________

SexyVita

Regardless of who "owns" a name, there can still be an informal gathering of carvers and it shouldn't require any sponsors, logo's or special deals. If a bunch of riders want to converge on a hill for a day or 3, it can still happen.

It's a shame if there's a personality conflict or whatever the problem is. There are too few alpine riders already, and we should do our best to stick together.

I tried the ECES.us site, and just got a black screen. Oh well, maybe we can just find a couple of days to meet somewhere. Haven't been to Whiteface in a while...

MT

Curt owns the ECES name. He is free to do whatever he wants with it. Personally I don't know how he could possibly continue it without access to BOL and with as many bridges as he has burned.

All that has happened is that I will no longer be involved with Curt and hence the ECES™, and Bomber and Bob Jenney Designs will not be sponsoring any events organized by Curt. Given the amount of effort and heart 'n soul we put into the 2004 event, I think those changes are significant and that people deserve to know about them.

I think the type of event that happened this March is very important to our sport, and I will do whatever I can to help make sure it doesn't die. Just not in 2005. This stuff needs to blow over.

-Jack

Actually...

I own the ECES logo, not the name but the art.

I mean... if everyone wants to be legal and what-not.

ps: Fin owns the SES logo, I designed for him.

Love,

ken d

... I was hoping to take advantage of the fact that I have family in northen New Enlgand and come out this year...

... in any case, Mt Hood Carve Fest, which may be renamed to MHES, will happen sometime this spring... last year we had about 20 folks, I will start planning it soon and hope to make it a lot bigger than last year. I'm thinking early May at this point... I need to get a commitment from Timberline in terms of being open on weekdays before setting dates.

Would any of the past ECES organizers mind if I pick their brain on organizing a larger event? I can be reached at mt@tovino.com.

(Of course, East Coasters are more than welcome to come on out. Y'all can show off in the early hours when the runs are icy corduroy!)

Thanks!

Mike,

Right on! The North West soooo needs a killer carve event. Please keep in touch with us here at BOL and if/when you get some dates set we can post on our Events Page and get you some coverage and promote the event.

Michelle or I would be more then happy to chat with you about how we go about our SES event and what works and what does not work. Give us a ring or e-mail and we'll go from there.

Seeing as it is Hood, I suspect people would want to bring their powder deck right? :D Hood is pow-pow heaven from what I hear.

Originally posted by quest4powder

CMC posted here this morning regarding ECES as well. His post (not completely civil, yet hardly incendiary) seems to have been pulled by the BOL moderators.

CMC was banned from this forum last month. This decision was not made lightly. Anything he posts here is being deleted regardless of the content of the individual posts.