Note to New Members ×

New to Alpine Equipment

hipskipster

I am a new owner of a 151 Burton Alpine board. I am a snowboard instructor and have always wanted to try Alpine and when I came across this board for a really good deal, I thought I'd get the equipment instead of 'trying first'. I don't know anything about boots and bindings and what I will need, but I also am not wanting to spend a lot of money. I wouldn't mind just buying second hand gear and giving it a go, but I don't know what to get. Could someone direct me to a type of binding and boot to start searching for on the internet. I've read a bit about the new types that are coming out, but don't know much about the sport. Please help me with some information if you can!

I am a female, 5'5", 130 lbs, size 7 foot, avid snowboarder.

THANKS!!

Also, boots are sized by MP, which is your foot length in CM, rounded down to the nearest whole number.

When you figure out your boot size, post a "wanted to buy" add here in the classifieds for those & the bindings (you'll need burton 3 hole compatable ones), also browse the "for sale" area for the same.

I am a new owner of a 151 Burton Alpine board. I am a snowboard instructor and have always wanted to try Alpine and when I came across this board for a really good deal, I thought I'd get the equipment instead of 'trying first'. I don't know anything about boots and bindings and what I will need, but I also am not wanting to spend a lot of money. I wouldn't mind just buying second hand gear and giving it a go, but I don't know what to get. Could someone direct me to a type of binding and boot to start searching for on the internet. I've read a bit about the new types that are coming out, but don't know much about the sport. Please help me with some information if you can!

I am a female, 5'5", 130 lbs, size 7 foot, avid snowboarder.

THANKS!!

I can get you some burton race plates for $50

what size is 7 in mondo?

Welcome to the dark side. :eplus2:

Burton race plates would be fine. Burton rental plates would work too.

F2 Proflex I think it's called would be a good one too.

All these are fairly forgiving bindings that have a bit of flex built into them.

A good boot fitting shop in T-ride should be able to help you with the mondo size. Then if you can find a pair of boots to work you'll be set.

http://bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22726

these may be spoken for and the size is ??? until you measure yourself or have a ski shop tell you what your mondo is.

Is the Burton an Alp?

Hipskipster,

Try to hook up with Mike Bowman at TSSC, http://www.tssc.org/~skiclub/node/13

Mike is the alpine coach and you can at the very least have some contacts in the carving scene in Telluride along with people to get info from. This will be very helpful to see what other riders are doing (technique) and to get feedback on your riding. Also as you have found, there is a ton of good info to be had here on BOL.

I think Richard (newcarver) rides Tride some. You can contact him through his profile.

Good luck and welcome to the carveside,

Ink