Note to New Members ×

Will my head ski boots work with TD1 bindings?

zland

Loc has been kind enough to let me try out his Prior ATV 171 all-mountain board with TD1 bindings for my first Alpine boarding experience. I am a skier & have head ski boots. I believe they are 325mm. Will the boots work with those bindings? The goal is for me to try alpine snowboarding without spending an excessive amount of money first.

Loc has been kind enough to let me try out his Prior ATV 171 all-mountain board with TD1 bindings for my first Alpine boarding experience. I am a skier & have head ski boots. I believe they are 325mm. Will the boots work with those bindings? The goal is for me to try alpine snowboarding without spending an excessive amount of money first.

Don't know IF they will fit but - If there is any way you can borrow some snowboard hardboots in your size for this experience ... that would be much better than riding in ski boots. Ski boots are way, way, way stiffer than snowboard hardboots and often have outward canting. The only people who generally ride in ski boots are racers ... if it is your only option, it's better than nothing but you put yourself at a severe disadvantage in ski boots. I would do whatever you can to temporarily soften them up if you have to use them.

I've done it ! some days those so called stiff ski boots are just the compensation i need when the snowboard boots are feeling a little too soft maybe I'm a skier at heart. Just remember not to straighten up when the **** hits the fan, stay low is the way to go.Be careful of the extra rudder when you finally lay down that perfect carve.