Note to New Members ×

What would you pay?

kinpa

So, the place where I teach is normally closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. On their website, they say that you can rent the mountain on those days. http://www.skilookout.com/new/rent-mountain.php So, I got to talk to mountain manager about that yesterday. He said, "It's not at much as you would think." So when I asked him to explain, he said it's only about $4000 or so. That would include all three chairs and the cafeteria open too, etc. So, do you think there would be any chance to get enough people together to do it? If I was rich, I'd rent the mountain and invite everyone! hahahahah.....

Here in CO we may be setting up the same kind of thing. I hope it comes together with all of the riders we have here. I think the price is around $500 out here. If it does come together, I am quite sure we will be posting on the forum.

Ink

Oh yeah, get some folks together and go for it. Only FUN can come of having your own mtn. for a little while.

Let's see, that could be 40 people at $100 each. Some folks might be willing to pay $100 to only have 40 people on the mountain. I'm not sure I'd pay that much unless the snow and weather conditions were ideal.

Or, with 80 people that would be $50 each, which is the normal price of a lift ticket in a lot of places. I would certainly be willing to pay that.

One problem would be finding 80 people who could get the day off on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I doubt if you could find 80 local carvers, so you'd probably have to tap into local ski clubs to get enough people.