Note to New Members ×

Good All Mountain Binding?

purpletiesto

td2 with suspension kit or f2s the thing is that the f2s can and do occasionally break. the only thing that will break on the td2 are bails. I know of no binding that the bails don't break eventually.

the AMs carve better than a board called a all mountain should, killer boards that you can ride drunk and still look like a hero on.

Hey thanks for all the great suggestions, it sounds as though F2 is a favourite among the bomber people and also Bruce likes them too, so I feel pretty safe going with those.

Does anyone have a suggestion for any particular F2 model? I was looking at the F2 race titanium - standard bail...

Cheers!

Can't go wrong with the F2 Race Titanium standard! They are very responseive toe/heel and less responsive side/side which is good for an AM rig especially if you plan to ride off piste with it.

If you can find last year's, do, because this year's are stiffer side/side.

I always liked a soft flexing setup and used Burton plates since the early 90's. I recently bought a used set of TD2 step-ins to try out, and I was afraid that I wouldn't like the extra stiffness, but they feel great to me. I don't notice them being stiffer (I have the yellow e-rings), and the increased cant/lift options make it a lot easier to get a comfortable stance setup.