Note to New Members ×

telluride and carving?

bobdea

is telluride a super sick place to ride  

7 members have voted

1. 1. is telluride a super sick place to ride

• steep and deep. who needs cord at that place!
    • a little bit of both, great on plates(groomed) AND great for the softies(Pow)
    • carvers paradise?
    • lame for hardboots?

I may live there in the coming winter

I have been there but only once and there was no groomed stuff that I saw

it was dumping and it had gotten deep everywhere

in general how is the grooming when it doesnt snow?

I do have to say it was quite a nice place to ride the pow infact dare I say it I could be happy being a powder hog there

Spent a week there in February and loved it. One trail (I think it was called Bushwhacker) is billed as the longest groomed cruiser in America. I found the grooming excellent. The avatar photo at the left was taken there on the trip.

I'd go back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, next year's club trip is to Taos and they still have a ban on boarding.

P.

Originally posted by bobdea

no really stop in if your in town love to have a carver on the couch

heh. sorry, dont have a sister:)

steep rocks, but too steep isnt all that fun for carving imo.

I lived in Crested Butte for a while...runs were SHORT there. kinda a bummer

Guest Tim Tuthill

Pat: Do you think, See forever might of been the run?? Ck the trail map. Bushwhacker run is on the face going into town. See for ever looks like it could be very long when you hook up with the others down low?? Tim

funny about telluride...that run down to town...always used to see photos of dudes launchin off some kicker, and it just looked like they were flyin into town

so fckin cool lookin!

is real estate affordable near Telluride?

Guest Tim Tuthill

Not any more. They have gone the route of all the big resorts. Mega bucks for anything that we would consider a good location. Out of town, maybe?? Tim

Guest Tim Tuthill

D: Ck out bridgerbowl.com. I was there in the early 60's college??? wound up in Sun Valley, the best thing I ever did!! Anyway if you want powder this be the place, oh yea 30 below zero too. Talk to Doug Dryer about Bend, He is there. Tim

funny. I just had this convo last night witha friend about Bend bein a retirement destination

Im only 32...dont wanna live with a bunch of geezers;)

had a friend lived in Bozeman and rode Bridger. said it was a blast. theres always BigSky too...

Ive been to find your spot.com. Bend came up high on the list

all I know is that a stinkin 2br 2ba condo in my area is now over 300k. crazy

Guest Tim Tuthill

D: Check out that 2 bd 2 ba condo in Mammoth!! Can you say $600 thou ++++ Thats why I'm here. Got a multi million buck home for less than half a mill. I can drive all over the place. At your age, you should buy!! Matter of fact, you should buy a home a year until you retire. Let the renters pay for your future. Sell, get rid of the head aches and carve!! If your lucky you can carve with us geezers at Aspen this year!!!

There are plenty of young 'uns there too. I'm actually thinking of moving there myself. My wife and I are both 34, if that matters at all. (Not to mention , another great place for a May Carve Fest, and it's only a shade over 2 hours from Timberline in the summer)

yeah, Mike...I was just kinda kiddin. I know there are younger folk there

your wife is the RE agent, right? She sent me a lot of useful info!

unfortunately..its stupid and pretty much impossible to try to make a decision until ya are actually there

Tim..believe me...I realize that buying is the way to go. Not too keen on the renting thing though. Too many hassles, plus...unless I was able to give good deals on rent, I wouldnt feel right.

Guest Tim Tuthill

D. A tip from a very good friend," As I watch all the fools ring there hands over the stock market, I am figuring out when to raise the rent next" It has nothing to do about being fair. If you want go into equity shair programs do that! As another guy I grew up with in the South Bay put it, No brains no headachs. You save a lot in asprin if you don't get involved to help yourself. See you at Mammoth or Aspen!! only a few mo's to go. Oh I forgot D, where are you in so cal?

Guest Tim Tuthill

If steep is what you crave, go to Sun Valley. The place has more steep per run than any other resort in the US. You realy have to be carefull because of the high speed skiers. They don't like a traverse path in front of them and just about every time they try to pass in front of you. A prescription for disaster!!

Originally posted by Tim Tuthill

D. A tip from a very good friend," As I watch all the fools ring there hands over the stock market, I am figuring out when to raise the rent next" It has nothing to do about being fair. If you want go into equity shair programs do that! As another guy I grew up with in the South Bay put it, No brains no headachs. You save a lot in asprin if you don't get involved to help yourself. See you at Mammoth or Aspen!! only a few mo's to go. Oh I forgot D, where are you in so cal?

sorry, but I dont agree with the rent raise thing. Those same people are struggling to get by as well more often than not. I definitely recognize the lucrative nature of well-thought RE deals, but.

heh. dont even get me started on the stock market. ;)

thanks for the advice tho!

probably wont see me at mammoth next year, but Im definitely gonna try and make the SES

Im in La Habra right now, born and raised in Fullerton