Note to New Members ×

Sunshine "direct to lift"

Gtanner

Hahaha

Actually they were included in these special ski-tickets that you can pick up for Marmot and Sunshine here in Alberta. The 1st, 4th, and 7th days are free and you also get $25 off each regular pass you buy...for the price of only one regular lift ticket, it's a kick-ass deal that we couldn't pass up...not some high-society BS or anything. :)

So I should take the Mercedes decal off my coiler then right?? I need to find some bling-bling stickers and wear a Rolls hood ornament around my neck...awesome.

-Gord

It's very simple, mine is set up the same way. You present the actual card to the rep at the season pass desk, they ask for a credit card and ID. They take your picture, and make you sign your life away, then print you a DTL Sunshine Card. It looks very similar to a season pass, with your picture on it. To go riding, walk up to the gondola and allow the liftie to scan your card, which bills your credit card and go rip it up. No lift ticket line up.

:biggthump

No, it's just that up until last year, they used to charge you $10 to get a DTL card - I guess to cover the cost of printing a new card and putting your picture on it. But both Sunshine and RCR waived the cost last year.

When you use it you get charged the discounted lift ticket rate, or get a free day if you're due for one.