Note to New Members ×

Recognize these cants?

oldkey

There are two cants pictured here. One cant is completely together - the second is taken apart into its' three pieces. Does anyone use these? Do you have instructions on how they mount to the board? My son has switched to TD3s for his racing so I am selling off older bindings. I found these when I was going through gear. We never used them - so I am not sure how they mount.

Thanks in advance.

post-57-141842267317_thumb.jpg

The metal piece screws directly into the board inserts...

You then set the plastic piece at the lift/cant you want by rotating the two discs and sticking them together...

The plastic discs then set on the "X" tabs that stick out the bottom of the metal piece... You then sandwich the plastic cant piece between the board/metal piece and your bindings... The bindings screw into the top part of the metal piece...

As for the cant, I hated it... It felt like riding with a 2x4 under the binding... The board did not want to flex under the cant...

I understand how these cants work now. I did find them discussed on another site as the "Unicant" as discussed earlier in this thread. Though I can't speak to longevity of the cant, it does seem somewhat more versatile that the standard fixed cant from Burton. My kid is riding the new race TD3s now so will never use these again. If they are only worth $5 I will donate them to the younger kids on his team.....might be better for the smaller riders anyway. We're closing in on 15 kids riding hard boots here in MN.....pretty cool to see the sport growing.

www.thegteam.net