Note to New Members ×

Kessler question..

big canuck

Question for Kessler owners... I sold a 2008 KST 162sl to a BOL member and he has a question on the camber. I am/was under the impression the camber was less obvious on these boards. NOTE I bought the board from the original owner at the end of last season and only got a chance to try it for a few runs and I've never had a chance to look at another up close to have first hand insight.

The purchaser thought the board would come with camber similar to a "Virus or other metal boards". My understanding is Virus boards, and boards with camber like that, are known for the huge "snap" coming out of turns and that sort of ride quality.

I've only had one other metal board and I don't remember it having huge camber..

He measured it and it has 7mm of camber.

Kessler's are much more damp boards that shine in rutted or rougher conditions, am I wrong?

2n'd question it has a small chip out of the topsheet on the edge about 3-4 mm big. Does he need to be concerned of a delam. It did not seem to have any "lift" or anything off the board.

My expirience with the buyer has been all positive and I want in no way a bad expirience for him or myself.

Any "first hand" insight appreciated.

Thanks.

K

Kurt,

I'm no expert, but I my experience mimicks Bob's as to your first question. My Kessler (2007/8) does not have loads of camber at all. (But to me it is remarkable that it has any considering the Hangl/0S2 combination on it must weigh 1000 lbs.) I have never heard Kesslers to be cambered like Virus. You could probably EC under my Virus Berserker it has so much camber.

Note: I have never measured my Kesslers camber formally, but see attached photo of mine.

As for your second point, my Kessler has a dime-sized nick right at the center of the tip. (Don't know how that happened - got it from Vic W.) The metal is even bending up a bit, but there is no sign of actual delamination. Meaning, while the metal is bent, it does not look like it is traveling back further into the nose.

C

post-5439-141842267204_thumb.jpg

The one Kessler I rode was well used, but didn't have a lot of camber either. Nor would I expect it to, they are supposed to be grippy not snappy right?

Once upon a time I thought "good boards need a lot of camber". I don't think that way anymore. Click on my profile... nothing in my quiver has more than 1cm of camber. Also, some recent perspective from Boardmaster Bruce...

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=219661&postcount=76

FWIW I rode a couple of Madd metal protos from last year, base-to-base you could have fit a softball between them at the waist... I'll take the nice predictable ride of my Coilers over them any day.

Yeah, Kesslers don't come with much camber. Most people who see one for the first time assume they are even bent.

As for the nick, file it smooth so it dosen't catch on the snow while in a turn and check it periodically to see if it is peeling. If it peels, epoxy and clamp asap. Most small nicks tend to be no problem at all.