Note to New Members ×

Woohoo - just got my Stubby!

kjl

I downgraded the radius to 13.2 because I never rode that big of a radius... and I think that Bruce only does 171 nowadays, no 170.

Everything should be the same (including the width you stated for your board)

Cool, I went from 20 to 21cm waist at the last minute and I'm glad I did. Running 57 degree angles feels like snowboarding again.

Bruce had said that my board was 171, but when Shred and I held our boards up to compare, mine was indeed 1cm shorter! *shrug*

Bordy's 175 sounds cool for more GS speed. I also have a 16m board so I wanted to stay around 14 for my custom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some great graphics, it will be a shame when you get your first scratch!

One question for you, Why no love for Bruce on the board? No Coiler name anywhere?? With all the great boards that bruce is building for everyone why not put a name on it?? I realize that if a curious person inquires about the board you will rant and rave about it to them. Tell them the website, how Bruce builds a board based on your weight, custom graphics that you can put on it and all the cool stuff that Bruce can do.

The person that is too shy to ask about the board, how will they know who makes it? I say display that Coiler logo big and proud. Bruce goes out of his way to build us boards that we rave about. I am sure he would be a happier person if each board goes out of his factory with "Coiler" displayed proudly somewhere on it.

Not to cause a stink, just a thought.

Yeah, I did think about it. I have been talking Coiler up an awful, awful lot since I tested it at the session, so I doubt he's losing any potential business from not having his company logo on my board :D In any case, at least it's not as bad as the stealth Coiler that is masquerading under a PureCarve topsheet that I have seen around Aspen ;) Don't worry - your secret is safe with me...

The main reason is that I am a really, really anal guy when it comes to visuals, and I like my graphics clean and precise. I agonize over the colors and shapes and gradients and blending; things that nobody will ever notice in a thousand years, just because that's the way I am. And it turns out that when you are as anal as me, there's actually no place for the Coiler logo to go that would result in the board art still being the same. I thought of hiding my initials in there somewhere too, but in the end decided against it for the same reason.

But, no worries, if people ask, I will let them know that it is a Coiler and rave about it, and if they don't ask, I will still let them know :) I'm sure some of you out there will recall that I would not shut the hell up about it last year.

Cool, I went from 20 to 21cm waist at the last minute and I'm glad I did. Running 57 degree angles feels like snowboarding again.

Bruce had said that my board was 171, but when Shred and I held our boards up to compare, mine was indeed 1cm shorter! *shrug*

Bordy's 175 sounds cool for more GS speed. I also have a 16m board so I wanted to stay around 14 for my custom.

The new template will make the M specs approx 170.5 overall. I don't even worry about the exact overall as it is the core which is cut to the effective which I am most concerned about. I used the exact same template which I made your board from which was the good old 184 PRII as the base for building and the eventual new template.

Shred had a custom one off handjob nose and tail. I never measured that but if he ordered a 171, thats what I would say it was no matter what;)

Those are some great graphics, it will be a shame when you get your first scratch!

One question for you, Why no love for Bruce on the board? No Coiler name anywhere?? With all the great boards that bruce is building for everyone why not put a name on it??

I don't worry about it as it has gotten to the point when you see a board with no base graphics, it probably one of mine. Soon will be the same for custom tops! See, I beat the system. I sell boards without the fluff so you save dough and I still get enough exposure. Its a wonderful world:biggthump

indeed it is very nice... but did you see the Safari? :ices_ange

Geoff, you forgot to mention you own a Triumph Daytona 675!

Right, the bike in my avatar is me on my Daytona 675.

I've had this idea in my head of putting my bike on a top sheet for some time but questioned how I could make that a reality.

Well I can't wait to see it in person in a few days, this will be the best Christmas ever:1luvu:

Jack helped me come up with specs I wanted. Shred helped with the custom top sheet design, ideas, and process. Steve Fleck brought my idea to life:D

As you start to think about your next board and custom top sheet I highly recommend you get in touch with Steve Fleck or Shred Grummer. Shred has done a ton of top sheets and as you can see with my graphics Steve is a phenomenal graphic artist.

Geoff

Great finished product, it would kill me to get pics a finshed board that BV has in his hands intended for me. I have a new build in process with graphics hopefully on the way to bv as we speak. seeing your completed product just gets me more figidty (sp?) to see the box show up.

Once you get it enjoy the ride.

No little man.... This is just the beginning! !!

Oh the surprises to come... its like almost Christmas!!:1luvu:

Great Job To Steve.. and Geoff for the vision of what he wanted..!

See Geoff.. Now you know what all the fussin around is about.. but now you get it!!

Sweet..

I think that board actually has to go through Maumee Ohio.. So I'll make sure it gets to you!!

Right Said Shred

So how do you guys figure out what you want for graphics?

I feel bad getting a plain white board.:o

Hey nothing wrong with stock topsheets. As much as I baby my boards by meticulously tuning them, in the end they are tools not jewels to me. If I were to get a custom topsheet I'd be afraid to ruin it. The natural flame topsheet on my NSR is pretty frickin' cool, and I suspect the same in blue and white on the board that's on a UPS truck right now is going to look just as cool.