Note to New Members ×

Camera Nerd Thread

KingCrimson

I am actually looking forward to shooting more with my Hasselblad this winter.

It's a great camera and somehow it can make a shot look timeless just from the film format.

So I am looking to do more portraits of my favorite spots on the mountain. Maybe with a small skier or rider in there somewhere. Would love to get a D90 too for all around use. I get pretty terrific results with my D70 too, but I am selfish with my time and don't take up the cams too much anymore, cuz I usually only have a few runs at a time to rip and I don't let anything come between me and my carving.

Here are some mostly weddings and portraits. At the very bottom is a shot with the Blad out of a plane flying around Baldy. Pretty cool. I had to crop out the wing strut but shooting at 500th at F8 and infinity it's pretty sharp.

http://jerryhadamphoto.blogspot.com/

This is from a bunch of river trips. I post these up for the trip participants so there is almost every shot from the trip to show everyone's runs and individual shots etc.

http://idahorivertime.blogspot.com/

The first link is a mix of D70, Hasselblad, N90, F3, 8008 and a bunch of others.

The river shots are almost all D70. Prime lenses mostly. 20mm 2.8, 60 micro 2.8, and an 80-200 2.8 zoom that is unbelievably sharp for being a zoom.

Jerry- You mean one of the three Baldy's ;) There's down here and one in Canada too. Pretty cool pictures!

Thanks for the pics stoke. I know there are other Baldy's but there is only one for me.

That be Bald Mountain, Sun Valley Resort...Central Idaho.

Yeah the one without any snow right now. :mad:

It will happen.

Sorry for the poor quality of this pic, i had to do it on my phone for obvious reasons. Sure I'd love to have a D300 or a D3, but my D200 has great colors, shoots enough FPS for my purposes, and 10.2MP is enough for a beautiful 16x20. I also have a SB800 speedlight, and the built in wireless TTL flash is probably one of the most significant steps forward in camera tech in the last ten years and is the absolute shiznit.

later,

Dave R.

. nikon1.jpg

Does this count? Some a**hole kept screwing up my composition though. Sorry about the lumberjack shirt, I am Canadian remember? The DOF gets a little tight at this aperature and focus distance, it's around 2 inches in this case. Shot at only 1/30s so any blur is from me shaking the camera.

later,

Dave R.

nikon2.jpg

Meatwad lens much. What is that?

It's always best to take the haunting photos of the camera..that it took of itself..

50mm 1.8 Zuiko Prime. Takes a purdy purdy pitcher. Cropped 'n flipped. Just noticed I didn't scan the neg straight AT ALL. Oh well, thanks to Mr. Computer, that's no problem.

omG.jpg?t=1228626125

Nice lens! I think mine is a higher serial number, but still takes great pics! Even on the E1! Too bad it wasn't weatherproof like my other lens for this camera.

PC077883copy.JPG

Does this count? Some a**hole kept screwing up my composition though. Sorry about the lumberjack shirt, I am Canadian remember? The DOF gets a little tight at this aperature and focus distance, it's around 2 inches in this case. Shot at only 1/30s so any blur is from me shaking the camera.

later,

Dave R.

You know, I have a proof of canadian citizenship card with a picture from when I'm under 2. I had a mullet.

Why was your aperature open if you had 1/30 exposure?

1. ][/size]Nice lens! I think mine is a higher serial number' date=' but still takes great pics! Even on the E1! Too bad it wasn't [b']weatherproof[/b] like my other lens for this camera.

Good story?

In a guide to Zuikos, for the 50mm MC 1.8 Prime, it says

"2. There are at least 5 versions of this lens (at least 4 optical variations.) Some have 6E, 5G. The last version is reputed to be best. It has the marking, "made in Japan", on the front ring. (They are all made in Japan; other version just mark it differently.)"

What's your serial?

Why was your aperature open if you had 1/30 exposure?

I don't quite understand what your question is. To answer your question literally, my aperature was open (wide open) because there wasn't enough light in my bathroom to get a correct exposure while still shooting at ISO 400. I would have had to shoot at 1/8 sec. at ISO 100.

later,

Dave R.

Or I could have just used a tripod:)

later,

Dave R.

DOF still would have been poopy! Tends to be a problem doing closeups of a lens when the lens is 8 inches long.

I want to make a pinhole camera. Infinite DOF is scary.

Here, check these out. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. These cameras are twisted! http://www.boyofblue.com/cameras/hiv.html

[*]

Good story?

In a guide to Zuikos, for the 50mm MC 1.8 Prime, it says

"2. There are at least 5 versions of this lens (at least 4 optical variations.) Some have 6E, 5G. The last version is reputed to be best. It has the marking, "made in Japan", on the front ring. (They are all made in Japan; other version just mark it differently.)"

What's your serial?

Something ain't kosher. I'm 5109555

I don't know anything about Olympus's newer stuff, but wouldn't that be new enough to use Four-Thirds? How do you have an OM on there? Did you really like the lens enough to get an adapter?

Yes, OM to 4/3rds adapter so I can use my old glass. But I went and bought digital 4/3rds glass anyways. But its still fun to pull out the old stuff.