Note to New Members ×

good beer

bobdea

so for my birthday I got beer.

1 skull splitter, ****ing AWESOME, Jack likes this one I think

2, blanche de chambly, alright.

3, a sixer of dogfish head with a few different ones, I like most of them. there's midas in here, never had that. I wish there was a theobroma but there's not. Raison is real nice and there's one in there!

what are you all drinking?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're selling Unibroue across the border ?

YES! been on the east coast of the US for at least eight years I'd guess. I like most of their beer. this one and the apple I like the least. they're good but not as good as some of the others.

They're selling Unibroue across the border ?

Yes, it's been available in Portland OR for quite awhile - 5 years+ I'd guess. I was in NYC for New Years 2000, and I remember walking down the street drinking Fin Du Monde out of a paper bag...classy is my middle name.

Right now, I'm digging the winter beers. Among the local offerings, Jubel Ale and Wassail are always good. Does anyone else go for the winter warmers?

1 cup fresh squeezed limes...get the pulp out too!

1 cup of a good triplesec

1/2 cup of your finest tequilla

hand mix pitcher to pitcher...pour over crushed ice

Stay away from machinery of any kind...:biggthump

Yeah, change that to 2 cups tequila and it's called a Margarita.

3, a sixer of dogfish head with a few different ones, I like most of them. there's midas in here, never had that. I wish there was a theobroma but there's not. Raison is real nice and there's one in there!

I'm jealous, we can't get that here..... I LOVE Raison! Drank quite a bit of it when I was in Cincy.

I'm jealous, we can't get that here..... I LOVE Raison! Drank quite a bit of it when I was in Cincy.

Raison, is a weird beer and that's probably why I like that one so much. skullsplitter is fairly similar, it also has that soft sweetness to it without any crap taste to it that many malty sweet beers have. Both are high on my lists.

I'm gonna be miserable in the morn, have not been drunk in ages and I've moved on to macallan cask strength.

Yup, cottrell is tasty.

Aged dogfish 90 min (~5 years in a champagne bottle) and stone arrogant bastard are up there on the top of my list.

Dogfish 60 & 90 are still there, too. Their brown ale isn't bad either.

I also like some of the english browns, newcastle, boddingtons, etc.

..I see this thread getting preeeetty long :biggthump

dogfish head palo santo marron, I was gifted a few of these awhile back, super tasty.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/33832

had to grab the 12'r of Long Trail last night after the ski show, prob my 2nd fav behind Harpoon IPA for reasonably priced decent brew.Busch 40ozs for mass consumption, with a lil lemonade or mango concentrate.

So many great brews out there.

We had a keg of Wachusett Ryde (special edition) at a party in chatham a month ago, the owner is learning to kitesurf and brought the whole keg system to the party. good stuff (made with Rye)

My boys at Cape Cod beer are crankin out some delicious brews and winning awards

Cape Cod Beer

wins 2 GOLD Medals

at the GIBC

Cape Cod RED

in the American Amber category

&

Dunkel Weizen

in the Wheat Beer category

can't wait for some Holiday Berry Brew

1sgt9g.jpg

post-123-141842264381_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842264384_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842264387_thumb.jpg

I'm really luckly to have access to an amazing beer store 15 mins from work. They have weekly beer tastings and use http://beeradvocate.com/ to rate all the beers and post rating for just about every beer they carry. Which by the way is over 800 different singles:1luvu:

http://www.nikkisliquors.com/

I usually go for the European beers but as of latley I've been trying to educate myself more on the US craft beers,. There are so many good ones out there now. Rouge is a new fav of mine. Craft beers in the US has really taken off, a lot of microbrewers have recruited brewing masters from Europe so there is some good stuff out there. Ever time I go down there I get a different mixed sick pack. I'll have list out some of this stuff.

Yeah Geoff, Rogue is good but I think it's offensively overpriced. $10.99 for a sixer here, who do they think they are? I can get the real stuff (german/belgian) for $8.99. Victory is another good US brew to try. Also Weyerbacher, Hooker, and Brooklyn.

Probably #6 on my list above would be Spaten Optimator, a bock.

Also you can't call yourself a man until you've had Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA.... 20%!!! And delicious!!

Yeah Geoff, Rogue is good but I think it's offensively overpriced. $10.99 for a sixer here, who do they think they are? I can get the real stuff (german/belgian) for $8.99. Victory is another good US brew to try. Also Weyerbacher, Hooker, and Brooklyn.

Probably #6 on my list above would be Spaten Optimator, a bock.

Agree a lot the US Micro brews are seriously over priced.

Brooklyn Brewery is good stuff as is Weyerbacher. Haven't tried Victory yet.

I tried my first Milk Stout a few weeks ago that was very good.