Note to New Members ×

1995 Craig Kelly wishbone 168 snow board score.

backwoods guru

I am new to the board but I have been snow boarding since the mid 70s

I started out on a yellow snuffer with the rope attached, snapped about 5 of them.

Some how I got a Sims yellow plastic board sled that you got on up right and again I folded that in half, but not after years of riding it.

Got a Burton performer and I was hooked on riding ptex.

My 1993 Craig Kelly 171 was my best board ever (after1 gnu, 2 k2, 2 sims) I rode that thing till it was a noodle sent it back to Burton and they sent me a all black Kelly 173 the one with the wire on the bottom.

I sold that Kelly to friend who begged me for month's till I brock down and sold, what a mistake he trased the board in one season.

O.K. so I am on e-bay and up pop's a 1995 Kelly wishbone with a buy now price so I clicked and purchased it.

The seller said Kelly went to Jake Burton in Feb. of 1995 and talked Burton into making a free style powder board for big MT. riding, jibbing was the rage back then at that time.

The board is blue on top and has an off white plain bottom accept a B logo at the top.

Can any one tell anything else about this board, I am hoping that some one has one that can fill me in.

I will post a pic. when I get the board.

Maybe Kelly & Burton decided the making of this board over a wishbone snap.

:eek:

I thought I was the only person who had one of these. Currently it is displayed high on the "CK Wall of fame" in Berg's Snowboard Shop.

I owned and road every model of CK pro model and the Wishbone was one of my favorites.:1luvu:

The Wishbone is Based off the 168 Supermodel mold from that year. The cap construction of those boards allowed Burton to build them long w/o making them too stiff. this board combined awsome pop like a freestyle board and the edge hold of a big mountain board. The set back stance gave it effortless float in the pow and the stout built tail provided olli power. Even though it has a slight taper to the shape it carves solid trenches. Kelly and Jake designed the Wishbone and I was told by Burton that the plan was to make it the last official Kelly signature board. The jury is out on that one.

This board seems to be very rare. Collectors hold on...

Nice find! Cheers:biggthump

• 12 years later...
  • 1 year later...