Quivers, Im confused

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on... we Hunt and Gather... Our job is to have and ride as many as possible... and when we are done and they are old we get ride of it... and go ride an new one (See WTB Hot one)..!! Sure I seen some really sweet older rides ( which I still keep on the rack) because of sheer looks and how radical it was and all the fun I had on it!! Some times the newer rides are just wide in the waist or tail heavy and or damp with no life to them.

+1

Well said sir!

it probably really is true that the east coast is different. i have yet to experience powder that was light enough to justify "needing" a powder board. anything in the east that i've played in has most likely been relatively dense, hence i have always been able to surf through on whatever deck i took out to play that day. as i previously mentioned, i have found a board that will let me experience whatever the mountain presents on any given day, and leave with a smile on my face. and now that my front knee is in better working order i suspect that i will be smiling a whole lot more. yet i am still a gear whore.

allee, i agree with you, but you may even like my board. m'wah ha ha.

:1luvu:I had three boards but sold my Burton all mountain board. So now I have a Prior Pow Stick that carves through anything and a Prior 4WD.

I'm perfectly happy with both boards and really don't have a desire to buy anymore.

Now gear on the other hand, yeah I'll definitely buy more. I'm a gear snob and enjoy the best quality products. Heck I don't even want a metal board.....LMAO Am I crazy?

Having said that, if forced to choose, I could live with only my 192 Tanker. If you look at my avatar, there are 4 of the 5 I will be using this season. 192 Tanker, 181 Nitro Sabre, 178 Oxygen homemade splitboard, and the 164 Rad-Air LSD. I suppose I don't NEED a split for the backcountry, but it is a lot better than schlepping a board on my back on the approach. I guess I don't NEED that Nitro swallowtail, but for the 1-2 stupid deep days it totally rules it. Maybe I don't need the 164 LSD, seeing as it has the same sidecut as the Tanker, but it is an entirely different animal, stiff, snappy and short for steep technical stuff and a go to carver for this season. I am using it as an experement for my next secret project$$$.

If you don't ride a lot of different boards, I don't think you progress as well. I have too many friends who have a very limited level of experience because they only ride 1-2 boards of similar specs for years. I cannot believe how many times I have heard " Thats too long/narrow/old school/insert dumb comment here. My quiver may shrink to 3-4 boards total by the time I am done, but I cannot see it getting smaller than that.

My collection fluctuates.

I get boards to replace older ones, or I get "older ones" to replace the new "junk" that I had in my collection and sell / give them to friends to ride.

my "must" are:

1 ROCK BOARD. its the beater. Pre-season, and crap conditions. One that is not perfect, yet still very rideable, but I would not be "pissed" if I took a core shot to it, or busted it somehow. It usualy is my "packed slopes while teaching day" board. Multiple contact points and dings, and gouges or just simply people running over me as I stand there teaching people.

1 HERO DAY. its the board I can go anywhere and do anything with at any given time in the best conditions. Presently it is my Rozzi 163 twin tip Budlight board(its a Butaine) from 1996-7 seasons, and its mint. I also use it to race with occasionaly and its my fave board ( also the same style as my 152 rozi budlight(rock board) which has over ten thousand miles on it.)

4 CARVERS. While I can really only ride one at a time, I pick the best board for where and what Im doing. if I just want to dilly dally around, I grab the short one. if I know I'm going somewhere that is big and wide, I'll be able to open up speed so I bring the big guns.

1 BIG MOUNTAIN. everyone needs a "big board". 166 or bigger that is wide and rides like a big surfboard for those long as hell trails that we really don't want to worry about needing perfect form on and just still go and rip it.

2 TOYS. I have a rossignol THE MINI and an older directional powder board with straight sides. Its fun on retro day, and the 121 board is seriously some of the most fun Ive ever had with a snowboard. its literaly a skateboard for snow attached to your feet.

Anything else..... is just fluff, and "lenders" or a board I got because it was at a good price and someday Id want to sell it or just ride it..... after a bunch of seasons on the same board, and 50+ DAYS A YEAR.. it becomes kinda borring.

Variety is the spice of life :)

TROLL!!!!......Mr Buggs is trying to con the BOL community out of their boards. The last word in his original post is "SELL!". Lock up your boards.....he's after them. He's after them all!

:AR15firin:)

I don't mind he sells what doesn't work for him....:eplus2:

For powder/rock one can just bring soft boots and rent a board? Ya/Nay?

So it makes 1-2 carving boards. I'm in the lower limit in last 5 years with my one board for all. Almost: when non-fluffy powder hits, then I just rent soft gear (but this happened once in last 5 years), otherwise my carving board will go to anywhere thanks to my location: generally it will take plane or 5-hour trip to get to hills, which are worth of riding...

Wow, Im honored to have such an effect on you that you would change your sig 1287.gif

Hey Bobby I changed my sig too, but it wasn't all for you.

:eplus2::eplus2:

I have ridden many into the ground, only sold two that were occasional drivers and almost instantly regretted both. So I don't do that anymore.

1 powder board, My current is an Oxy SuperX 164.

1 all mountain board for running around with my soft boot buddies. The Hot Special 162. This covers moguls, slop, glop, 4" fresh, trees, off/on piste, just about everywhere on the mountain

Long/race board for going fast on near perfect days. Oxy Proton.

But why do I have 6 boards??

Rock board. Its my Old 162 Hot Shine. getting a bit worn, but still not bad.

Nitro GT 160, well it was cheap and I wanted to try it out.

My 172 or what ever length I have in the back there. Well I keep hearing that long boards are the way to go, so I'm experimenting with a bigger board.

oh yeah, the 170 Limited, oxygen, its for sale.