Note to New Members ×

SNOWJAM ? makes a Carver? SWEET ? or POOP ?

Dave ESPI

OK, so I've ridden SNOWJAM brand boards before. They are not bad, and not exactly superb either. They allow people to get into the sport at an affordable price. I was tooling around the net, and came to find their 2008 line and what did my eyes behold..........

A CARVER ! .. well, more like a BX board for racing, but I really wonder how it will handle.

I can pro-form one for like 150.00 so I may grab it just to say I rode one and have an opinion on it.

Ive been on some midrange boards, and some cheap ones, and really would like to know what a top-end carver rides like (this season) and if these "economy" segment of the market boards really are good for getting people into hardbooting for less than 500.00.

DISCUSSIONS ? IDEAS ?

Snow Jam brand boards are designed to satisfy the three larges market segments in the industry; beginners, intermediates, and value conscious riders. With no shortcuts in quality and designs, Snowjam is able to bring wood core snowboards to you at incredible values.

Snowjam Riot SR 164cm Snowboard

Sandwich Construction With ABS Sidewalls

Effective Edge: 1,475

Tip Width: 264.88

Waist Width: 209

Tail Width: 258

Stance Width: 440-600

The 5 Freesport boards afford you a durable responsive ride with a full wood core, sandwich construction and ABS sidewalls. Sizes 156 and above are extra wide, and we've added a competition quality racing and carving board.

riot.jpg

TTrash, I missed that one! thanks for the link :)

Still no decisive "feet on" experiences to report other than one AIM conversation about it........ and no substantiated facts on how it rides.

*One mans crumpled scrap paper is anothers' art form..."

I doubt it would handle serious abuse or a larger rider with super testosterone driven agression, but as to dampness, I'm curious......

I Need something kinda soft and not too much of a noodle to rip around on the smaller hills with that is still stable and turny, AND won't piss of the "powers that be" this year with speed and overly agressive ride style.

My 157 Force Airwalk (nitro) board is great, but I need a few more cm in length to be stable.

at 150.00 ( holy crap! even on e-bay !) its damn tempting just to have in the quiver so to be able to let someone else ride it.

yeah, my comments were based on their construction in general. I have yet to see a sno jam with build quality that I'd consider passable. On the low end there are better options for boards and Burton is one of them.

I have not ridden this board in question but judging from the rest of their product line snojam is the Yugo of snowboards.

When they first appeared on ebay it read 174. I was ready to buy it just for the hack of trying and reviewing. Then it turned out that they had only 164, so I never bought it...

It certainly has nice big nose...

Yeah the website says 164 also. Perhaps the total length is that, but 164 is effective edge?

I emailed them to ask about the discrepency. At 164, I really am not as interested in it as a "race board", but more along the lines of something to just doodle around on. I think those e-bay auctions (the ones out of NJ right?) are in error.

There's no way a 174 board of that shape would have 164 ef. edge.

At the stage I wanted to buy, seller confirmed that he had only 164 long ones. I have too many AMish boards in the 164-169 range, so I can not justify another one...