Note to New Members ×

Lakers vs Celtics

gdboytyler

Who will win the NBA Finals?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NBA Finals?

The mental game involved on both sides must have made it so hard for the Lakers.

The Celtics were backed into a corner in the first quarter. They then had to up their intensity and had three quarters to get it done.

The Lakers, on the other hand, had to have relaxed. Who wouldn't after the greatest lead ever at the end of a finals first quarter. Inside, they must have thought that the game was certainly theirs, so they let up. Big mistake obviously.

Blow out is an understatement!

Red Auerbach can rest peacefully for at least another season.

Thankfully, the Kobe - Jordan comparisons can be buried for at least another season.

Shaq is the happiest NBA player outside of the Celtics roster.

I lost $30 on the series:flamethro

Blow out is an understatement!

Red Auerbach can rest peacefully for at least another season.

Thankfully, the Kobe - Jordan comparisons can be buried for at least another season.

Shaq is the happiest NBA player outside of the Celtics roster.

I lost $30 on the series:flamethro

I am chicago born and bred, there will never be another jordan. Jordan and that team were the biggest thing to happen to chicago and also were a ibig part of my childhood.

im happy for the celtics but we have the first pick

GO BULLS!!!!

East Coast team throwing up 130+ points?? That is unheard of!!

Lakers come back home with their tails between their legs. Kobe will demand another trade on local sports radio right before the start of next season. He will blame the lack of better players for his not winning a championship. He will claim the front office of the Lakers are incompetent. Pass the blame on everyone but himself. Same scenario, different next year!!

Personally, I am glad to see KG, PP and RA get a NBA championship. Garnett definitely earned his through all his years played in Minnesota. I don't care if Kobe ever wins another NBA championship, he has 3. There are some great players that go through an entire career and never win one. Malone, Stockton, Ewing and Barkley all come to mind, they all put in their years and walked away from the court without ever hoisting that trophy over their heads.

Sorry, today's Celtics don't even come close to Larry Bird and company.....the 80's were definitely the best time to watch the NBA Finals

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Lakers got their butts served to them, but KG did not shine this series-Paul Pierce did, both in play and leadership

Sorry, today's Celtics don't even come close to Larry Bird and company.....the 80's were definitely the best time to watch the NBA Finals

It's pretty sad that now we have to watch Basketball with a 7-second delay so the network can mute all the MF-bombs the players drop now without a care. This is progress?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Lakers got their butts served to them, but KG did not shine this series-Paul Pierce did, both in play and leadership

Hmm, Pierce didn't even show up for game 3, and it looked in Q1 like he was going to be a non-factor last night as well. But he seems like a class act otherwise. Nice moment when he thanked the Boston fans for sticking with him.

I was up in Agoura hills picking up a bike, and my dad and I stopped in at a restaurant to watch the game, with eating being second priority. Oddly enough, right there in LA, there were at least 4 other tables of Celtics fans, much to the dismay of the bartender.

I figured it was over by halftime, but it seems every time I call something in the norm, the game ends up being close. :rolleyes:

Driving back through LA, especially downtown, you could tell it was a city in mourning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-shaq-kobe-rap&prov=ap&type=lgns

Shaq takes a freestyle swipe at Kobe

NEW YORK (AP)—Just in case anybody had forgotten that Kobe Bryant has never won an NBA title without Shaquille O’Neal, the big man sent out a reminder.

The Phoenix Suns center can be seen rapping that “Kobe couldn’t do without me” in a video posted online at celebrity news and gossip site TMZ.com

During the two-minute video, a grinning O’Neal lurches through an improvised rap in which he skewers the Lakers’ star, with whom he won three straight NBA titles from 2000-2002 while with Los Angeles.

“I was freestyling. That’s all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever,” O’Neal told ESPN.com Monday. “That is what MC’s do. They freestyle when called upon. I’m totally cool with Kobe. No issue at all.”

O’Neal and Bryant last played together in 2004. After a long-simmering feud came to a boil in public, O’Neal was traded to Miami before the 2004-05 season, and won an NBA championship with the Heat in 2006.

Bryant and the Lakers didn’t reach the finals again until earlier this month, when the Boston Celtics beat them 4-2.

“You know how I be,” Shaq rapped. “Last week Kobe couldn’t do without me.”

O’Neal, who has recorded seven albums, also said he is “the difference between first and last place” and even took a jab at former New York Knicks center Patrick Ewing’s lack of championship rings.