Note to New Members ×

Lakers vs Celtics

gdboytyler

Who will win the NBA Finals?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NBA Finals?

I think that the Celtics SHOULD win, and I am cheering for them. Unfortunately, "should" and "will" have not been synonymous thus far in the playoffs. Every series should have been a blowout, but they never get their "big three" to show up to the same game at the same time.

The Lakers also look really good and have not struggled the same way.

I still vote the Celtics.

Being that the Lakers eliminated my team, the Spurs, last round I will throw my allegiance to the Lakers. I prefer to watch west coast style bball, (lots of offense, fast breaks) vs. the east coast style, (defense, defense).

I say Lakers in 6

my team, the Spurs,....I prefer to watch west coast style bball, (lots of offense, fast breaks) vs. the east coast style, (defense, defense).

That is interesting, but seems like a contradiction. The Spurs are a defense team. If you like the Spurs, I am surprised that you don't like to watch defensive games.

In fact, the Spurs and Celtics held their opponents to the same numbers this year (about 90 pts) while the Celtics averaged 100 pts to the Spurs 95, making the Celtics a more offensive team than the Spurs.

I never would have known his off hand, but after seeing your post, I had to look it up. ;)

That is interesting, but seems like a contradiction. The Spurs are a defense team. If you like the Spurs, I am surprised that you don't like to watch defensive games.

In fact, the Spurs and Celtics held their opponents to the same numbers this year (about 90 pts) while the Celtics averaged 100 pts to the Spurs 95, making the Celtics a more offensive team than the Spurs.

;)

Phil, you are correct that the Spurs are a great defensive team, which in the Western Conference is not one of the strong points. I like the Spurs for the fact that they just seem to mesh as a team. No internal turmoil, never hear about bad things in the press. They go out and get the job done, except this year! I don't like them for their offense, they don't have the 110+ point games like some of the other western conference teams, like the Suns, Blazers, Nuggets and let's not forget the Warriors. Although watching Parker pick his way through the paint, Ginobli slashing through and kicking out for the three, Bowen spotting up in the corners, like Sean Elliot used to do and Duncan with his turnaround jumpers off the glass is excting enough for me. I just enjoy watching them is what I am saying, i did't mean to infer that the Spurs were a huge offensive team. The lakers on the other hand are one of those teams, jacking up threes, running the floor. The Lakers are exciting to watch, or should I say the "Kobe Show'.

If the Spurs ever want to compete in the western conference again they have to have a yard sale. They have way too many players that are in their mid to later thirties. Those players, Horry, Findley, Barry, Stoudamire are vets but their quickness has diminished in past years, they can't keep up with the rest of the West.

It will be exciting to watch regardless, supposedly Magic and Larry filmed some special NBA promos to show during the finals. I will be tuned in from tip off to the final buzzer.

I like the Spurs for the fact that they just seem to mesh as a team. No internal turmoil, never hear about bad things in the press. They go out and get the job done, except this year!

Me too. I really wanted to see them beat the Lakers. Oh, well.

I will be tuned in from tip off to the final buzzer.

No doubt! Me too.

a wee bit of saucy language from Fitzy, still PG-13

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fK4YQDfxuM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fK4YQDfxuM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::biggthump

Just wonderin....

who's this Coco Crispy guy ? looks like a troublemaker.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cP_2aWwow&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cP_2aWwow&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wacky game last night

I loved Bird and the 80's Celts so I'm cheering for them.

I normally cheer for the Spurs at this point but they let me down this year. I love watching Timmy Duncan. He's a class act in a league that really needs a few more.....

I was in Cleveland OH last year for the first two Spurs-Cavs. Of course, people were asking me if I thought the Spurs would let LeBron win. Of course, not being from San Antonio, I couldn't speak for the team, but I assured these guys that the Spurs are "it" for SA, unlike Cleveland, which gets to suffer thru the Indians and the Browns, too

Then I had to let them know Houston and San Antonio are 250 miles apart....:smashfrea