Note to New Members ×

UPZ boots help!

tex1230

lol, what I did was take some that I had not used that came with my heels and I then went to the hardware store and got proper screws and washers.

looks like you're making a trip to home depot! I'd use the t nuts with teeth, just make sure it's all stainless steel

Like skatha said in the other thread there are a range of sizes that will work.

From what I can gather from my memory, I recall its a Tee-nut with the shark (i.e. sharp) prongs on 'em so you can get 'em to dig into the inside of the boots. Metric 8 (MAYBE) ? Use the one with hexagon in it. This is all from my memory. And I have thermoflex, and its been ongoing for 5 years and still in good shape. -shrugs-

did you t-nut the toes too or just the heels? (trying to figure out how to get those toe t-nuts in)

what diameter? 3/8"?

I did the toes and the heels since I was riding intec, no idea, just know I used the stock t-nuts since I had them but finding hardware was seriously PITA, neither of my local stores had what I needed so I ended up at home depot or lowes

I actually ended up keeping the hardware when I sold them and putting the gigantic screws back on there for the toes, if I still have it you can have it but don't hold your breath because I have no clue where it all is.

• 2 weeks later...

Part numbers from McMaster-Carr

1 1

Pack 98965A310 Metric Zinc-Plated Steel Tee Nut M6 Internal Thread, 9mm Barrel Height, 4 Prong, Packs of 100 $14.80 $14.80 in the morning

2 1

Pack 92095A238 Metric 18-8 SS Button Head Socket Cap Screw M6 Size, 16 mm Length, 1 mm Pitch, Packs of 25 $6.66 $6.66 in the morning

3 1

Pack 93475A250 Metric DIN 125 18-8 SS Flat Washer M6 Screw, 6.4mm ID, 12mm OD, 1.4-1.8mm Thickness, Packs of 100 $3.14 $3.14 in the morning

4 1

Each 2958A135 General Purpose HSS Jobbers' Twist Drill Bit Black Oxide, 8.7mm Sz, 125mm L O'all, 81mm L Flute $5.82 $5.82 in the morning

as you can see, they don't sell small batches. The next 8 people buying UPZ boots can give me a shout and I'll send you the pieces.

Once this all gets here I'll post a step by step.