Note to New Members ×

Requisite How Many Days Thread?

trailertrash

How many days on snow  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many days on snow

Yeah, this is just a total guess... Many of my "days" end up being 4 or 5 hours... So if I add up my hours and divide by 6, I'm just givin a guess at the 20-25.

I might be overestimating a little bit, but still, I think I do pretty alright for only being able to go on the weekends.

So? How many 6-8 hr days on snow this year? 2 Hrs on snow doesn't count for 1 day, sorry EZE! :D

My personal count is 17 (with plenty of season still ahead, so I'll crack 20 and 25 if I'm lucky), but your rule of 6-8 hours makes it more like 4. The local hill opens at 9, and leaving after 2 p.m. means that traffic will be impossible, so the vast majority of my riding days are 4.5 or 5-hour days.

I don't stop for lunch (or anything else, really), but it's still vanishingly rare to actually be on the hill 6 hours - that means driving home with the gapers and the soccer moms, none of whom know how to drive on snow.

saturdays don't count, either. Excessive standing in line or waiting for the crowds to flow down the hill isn't considered quality time on the hill.

Manny just blasted one out to left field 420' and managed a homer on a bad throw to third.

Boston rejoices ! :biggthump

Kind of a tough standard for me. 64 calander days but not one of them would count. 6-8 hours and I can't go back the next day because my legs are shot. Actually, last Sunday there was an avalanch on the highway which kept me from leaving after 4 hours. So, I went back up for a couple more runs while they were clearing the road. Second run, went over the nose, dislocated my thumb and cracked a rib and broke my glasses. Should have quit while I was ahead.

I will probably end up around 90 (30 on this scale) after late spring at Whistler and Mt Hood.

So I have a couple of questions.

If we did allow a 2 hour day to count as one day of riding(legit in my mind)...

Why not count a full 8 hour day as 4 days of riding?

When exactly are we considering the start of the season...Can we include the start of the southern hemisphere's winter, or is that a separate poll.

Are we giving extra points for frequent flyer(travel) miles? I mean it should count as a ski day if you have to spend a day flying or driving to go riding, right?

Can we count days spent, not at a ski resort, but rather in the back country? Or should we calculate total vertical for the trip and divide it by an "average" day riding.

Thanks in advance for your help:)

I don't stop for lunch (or anything else, really), but it's still vanishingly rare to actually be on the hill 6 hours - that means driving home with the gapers and the soccer moms, none of whom know how to drive on snow.

Agreed. My legs simply don't last six hours when there are no lift lines.

6-8 hr to qualify???? get real

If I got up, got my shiite together with my suuni, drove the hour+ to the mt., made a few runs before havin a beer & driving back down the hill, then by freaken Gawd I'm countin that as a day on the slopes. The 1 BC run I had to hike for counts. The 4th or 5th day in a row I can't makeit past noon counts. The last day of the season, sicker than a dog for the 4th day in row could only make 4 runs stopping every 10-15 turns, COUNTS!!!

I have no idea how many of my 70 or so days were ONLY 5-6 hours so this poll has no relevance to the effort I put in to my passion. So I'm not gonna vote.

days of alpine only<5

days of ski only 1

days of powder only 40+

the rest are a combination thereof and they all count in my book

days on hardboots, all of them

You tell em! As long as I get my legs at least a little sore,have Gilmour's quote''Every turn is a mini experiment''ringing in my head,and finish it off with a couple of pints of Black Butte Porter; I count that as a worthwhile trip to the mountain.I will admit,however, to making sure to get my money's worth when I visit another mountain.(ie ToolCan and I riding to the bitter end a couple of days at OES or all of us riding in the sleet without goggles that day at Scweitzer:)

It is me Mahn.

Have 46 Carving Days out of 96 total. Did not start riding til Jan 4. Still counting til O9

By the rule's provided

Do I get any extra credit for riding with Fib/Tib hair line fractures since the 4th day out??

Those Ice cube Bath's better count for something other than 48hr Shrinkage.

How about for holding down my 2lbs of Nacho's and those Black Butte Porters on Sunday with Steve.

Steve should get some extra credit too cause he ate the other 2lbs of nacho's

Wow we ate and drank like those Euro Carving,Cyclist guys.

Or are we the Euro Carving Cyclist Guys???

Russels Cat/Sled?? Ohhh Boardski! I am Inviting myself and Steve too.

So? How many 6-8 hr days on snow this year? 2 Hrs on snow doesn't count for 1 day, sorry EZE! :D

I have to try and figure out my own answer...

49 off the lift checkers computer the other day. Several days at the beginner hill without getting scanned.

Pretty sad living 1/2 mile from the lift but I can't complain.

Most days were three to four hours, but.......

almost all quads and I don't ever stop to drink or eat unless full day with clients.

One day at Dollar was 10 800 foot runs of untracked powder in an hour off the new quad before 10 am. There were 7 people in the lift line that morning. :biggthump.