tex1230

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a couple of oldies-goldies...

Asym-Air I basically bought for the Race Plates that came with it, but on the other hand, I don't mind the woody top sheet either.

Banana is soooo sweet, I just couldn't resisit. Pretty minty condition, too.

Who needs Dupraz, Spearhead or Fish? They have nothing on this bad boy - It's a Reto Lamm pro model! For the tech junkies: Scr is over 16m and it has 4mm of taper. Only 114cm of running length over 155 total length! I might even need to take it for a tree-pow ride next year, just for the hack of it ;)

They are both going to hang on the wall when I move to the new house 2 months down the line. They'll be in the fine company of the clone of my Hooger Grinder, Highlander woody, A200 giant swally, my first own board LTD163, and probably Xeena the bikini girl...

Boris, where did you find the chilli willi? It is a cool old board...a little history for you (if you don't have it already) is that Harry and Paul started crazy banana and then sold it in 89 to start radical airlines in 90-91 (and took Reto with them) and the radical airlines name was changed to rad-air the next year due to some legal issues. Anyways, it is cool to see one in such good shape. My arrow is from the last year that they were all still part of crazy banana.

A week or so ago, I walked into a ski clothing store, actually more of a depo outlet that has some consignment stuff too. They have quite a bit of junky old gear lying around just for athmosphere, I guess. And there was the Chilli! More jokingly I asked the man how much for the board and he said his price. I pulled the card to pay, just to find out that he wanted only cash!?! So, yesterday I was in the area agin, I had cash in the pocket, and sure enough, no one picked Willi in the mean time...

Yup, I fiured out that Banana was somehow conected to Rad-Air boys... You actually can see that thing was ahead of it's time. Or should I rather say, snowboards have done the full circle and are going back to what they were ment to be. Seriously, the nose on Banana is super nice and it's pretty stiff. I definitelly think it would still be an ok ride, especially in the trees. That super long scr kinda worries me a bit, but hey, it's a Schtubby and Dupraz in one board!

I'm also glad it has Reto Lamm's name on it. After a fiasco with an LSD I bought from ebay and had to return it to the seller (wracked board), I still ended up with Reto's signature on a different board.

• 2 weeks later...
Left to right:

CustomCraft 170, 23cm wide, 10m radius (for rocks and the occasional jib)

Donek AX 172, 19cm wide, 13m radius (for everything else - I love this board)

Nidecker GS 177, 19cm wide, 13m radius (redundant, might sell)

Donek FC 180, 19.5cm wide, 12m radius (redundant, like it too much to sell)

F2 183, 19cm wide, 15m radius (for special occasions)

Rossi 190, 19cm wide, 17.5 radius (for extra-special occasions)

I was keeping an eye out for a used board with a sidecut well over 15m, or waist well under 19cm, out of curiosity... The Donek AX meets 95% of my needs, and the CC and F2 have the rest covered. Might get the AX cloned, just in case. Twice. (Did I mention I love that board?)

Updated text above, updated picture below.

post-9-141842257259_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Holy shovels! What are the dims of that left-most ski?

Also, is that actually a sqwal, if not, what is it?

Atomic M9, 120/74/107. The 74mm waist helps prevent boot out. Much better for free carving than the race skis.

BobD

post-340-141842257825_thumb.jpg

what is that blue Oxy near the middle? That looks like a fun AM board.

It is (a fun AM board). Oxygen APX 158.

Oxygen APX 158 Alpine Snowboard

·1 HYPER Carbon Cap construction - 25% better rebound, 15% lighter, 2 times stronger

HYPER CARBON - Ultimate Power, Lightness and Strength HYPER Carbon is the material of the future and it is already being used in satellite and aircraft construction. Exclusively produced for OXYGEN by TORAY – a large Japanese company that is a global leader in the carbon sector, it is the lightest, hardest, and toughest material ever used in snowboards.

·2 Beta technology

·3 No internal stresses during turns

·4 Optimum torsional rigidity for excellent riding performance

·5 Freegliding densolite core

·6 Multiaxial HYPER carbon -prepreg -glass fibre

·7 Sintered base ISO Speed 7500

·8 Microstone base finish

- A stone polished base finish, that creates microscopic channels in the base structure. When electrostatics cause the snow to melt it is transported away from the base while the snowboard glides over the snow. This produces less friction during turns ensuring smoother gliding properties and better drifting when the snowboard is ridden flat over the snow.

·9 Diamond disc edge finish

- A side edge bevel of 2 degree and a 1 degree bevel on the base, cut with diamond discs produce a sharp edge angle of 89 degree that guarantees perfect ice-grip when turning. Moreover, the 1 degree bevel on the base ensures easy drifting and simple turn initiation when the snowboard is lying flat on the snow.

Specs:

Effective Edge Length (mm): 128, 0

Tip Width (cm): 26, 0

Waist Width (cm): 21, 5

Tail Width (cm): 26, 0

Side Cut Radius (m): 9, 0

Stance Range (cm): 41-49

Stance Offset (cm): 1, 5

Weight Range: 55-90 kg / 121-198 lbs.

BobD

• 2 weeks later...

Had a storage waxing evening last night. I brought the whole quiver down with me and lined them up along my friend's garage wall. Since its also a climbing wall, I decided to get in on the action.

biglines_85084.jpg

L to R: 195 Praxis, 188 PM Gear Bro Model Soft Plus, 192 Rossi Energy, 177 G3 Baron, Grandpa's skis, Grandma's skis (with an RH Macy & Co. sticker on the tip), Old Kid skis, 140 Volkl G3, 148 Rossi Bandit Jr., 150 Rossi Scratch BC Jr., Karhu Meta approach skis, 135 Rabanser Jr. Race Board, 130 Burton Ginger, 156 Burton Alp, 156 Nitro Asym, 210 Donek SG, 185 Sigi Grabner Titanal Team, 171 Donek Freecarve 1, 163 Volkl Renntiger SL, 179 Prior 4WD, 196 Nitro Pow Gun, 178 Original Sin 4807 (broken), Snurfer, 180 Coiler RCII, 180 Coiler RCII (broken)

• 3 months later...

MISTRAL EXTASY 59, goofy, never mounted!

Finaly got her. Man who didn't want to sell for a reasonable offer last year, gave it to me for less then reasonable now :smashfrea

As she is goofy, I'm tempted to t-nut her and finaly try an asym...

PS Sorry about the pic - web cam shot doesn't make her any justice, but my wife is away with digi camera... I'll do better shots in few days time...

post-1678-141842260388_thumb.jpg