Note to New Members ×

Pain in my foot

dshack

I have pain in the bottom of my foot (outsole/opposite my arch). I'm using CPD (the thinner wrap-style) thermo liners in raichle 125's, with Aline footbeds (non-custom). I've tried swapping the thermo liners out for leather ones, and I get the same problem. Is the next step custom footbeds?

I had this problem big time (I have extremely flat feet). Semi custom insoles and a second mold of my liners improved the situation, but not drastically. Finally, I went to a local instructor who has a knack for setting up people for comfort.

He took the cants of my bindings and rotated them (TD2's), so that my foot isn't square on the cant anymore. I had originally had myself set up so that the cant was right inline with the angle of the binding, and he offset that. Think of it as almost making you bow-legged (an exaggerated way of trying to get my point across); angle-ing the cants takes the pressure off certain points of your feet and distributes it more evenly. I ride with my front foot at 60 degree angle, but the cant disk is set around 40 degrees...if that helps explain it (I'm apparently have a difficult time doing so in words this morning).

It might be worth trying before shelling out for custom footbeds, but it also depends on what equipment you have to work with I guess.

Good Luck!

I would say you need to explore the canting thing first as well. Borrow a set of cateks so that you can make on the fly adjustments and get dialed in and then transfer that to your TD's. I know personally that a half a turn on the cateks set screws makes a world of difference in how your foot feels. basically you are pressuring the boot with the edge of your foot instead of the whole ball. I like Td's better myself but the cateks were what opened my eyes to the whole canting question. I have a set of catek freerides that changed my whole hard set up. I have gone to a much flatter setup with less heel lift as well on my TD2's.