Note to New Members ×

BASEBALL + Congress WTF

Bordy

clemens juicing is the biggest threat to our democracy that I know of....

check it <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtpJlW-Lj8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtpJlW-Lj8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yeah, WTF. While I'd rather not see professional athletes setting an example of using steroids, HGH, etc, MLB should be policing itself. The funds to do said policing should come from within MLB and not from taxpayers pockets, and the time being spent by our elected officials on this is being 100% wasted. For the record I've been a baseball fan through the highs and the lows all my life.

Just saw the headline that congress has asked a special prosecutor to look into perjury charges against Clemens -

And the marines are having a problem getting armored vehicles.

Seriously, which do you think is a better use of taxpayer money?

Unfortunately, every journalist leaving the MSM is blogging that the corporate news headquarters-who are looking to sell ad space, BTW-are pushing interest toward fluff and away from the war. Seems like the war is a downer and you can't sell too many big screen TVs or cars with ads interspersed with war coverage.

I recently took a pediatric life support class with a physician's assistant who'd just come back from 3 years in the Army Reserves deployed in Iraq. He was a little dismayed that the American public was into American Idol and not into really supporting the troops-I was embarrassed for all of us....

He was in the infantry-no green zone deployment for him, although I'm not sure what "the green zone" is. My ex-husband tells me they routinely received rocket fire in the green zone in Baghdad

It's partly our fault, really. We only want to hear about what we know. Can you name more professional athletes then members of congress? more celebrities in rehab then members of the white house administration? Slightly off topic- A sign seen in a tent in Iraq: "America isn't at war, the Marines are at War. America is at the mall" So true:(

It's partly our fault, really. We only want to hear about what we know. Can you name more professional athletes then members of congress? more celebrities in rehab then members of the white house administration? Slightly off topic- A sign seen in a tent in Iraq: "America isn't at war, the Marines are at War. America is at the mall" So true:(

this is a sad truth....I started instructor training at Naval Submarine school on Monday, it's now Wednesday and we have lost 3 of the 26 instructor candidates to Individual Augmentation (IA) in three days to support this war. Mind you my present office is manned at 45% because of IA my old office is at 38%. More and more we are taxed to support the conflict and those that are fighting it but increasingly we do so at the cost of the future. Many called upon to go will serve because that's what we do but when it comes time to re-enlist they will think first of their families because the cost of serving their country is too steep. These losses are reflected on the waterfront too with ships having fewer personnel to accomplish the same tasks. It is the middle ranks who are opting out of service, those who have served for 6-10 years are leaving, leaving because though they are patriots they are burnt out from the constant need to go into harms way with no relief but others who are equally tired.

Just saw the headline that congress has asked a special prosecutor to look into perjury charges against Clemens -

And the marines are having a problem getting armored vehicles.

Seriously, which do you think is a better use of taxpayer money?

Thats the headline that rattled me and for the reason you posted.;

Nothing but a witch hunt...... About a game. A game little kids play for fun. So most people will over look what going on during elections. While a war takes our sons and daughters lives daily.

Little kids play war also, We sell GI joe and such to promote the Idea even. It a shame they will get more attention from the goverment if they grow up to be Baseball players then soldiers.

Even more frustrating Is the fact since the late 1800 the US has given every generation born the opertunnity to go and "Die for their Country".

I can't think of any other country, (please correct me if I am wrong) that has been kind enough to make the same offer to every generation born on their soil........

SO WEAK... SO WEAK.......

Even more frustrating Is the fact since the late 1800 the US has given every generation born the opertunnity to go and "Die for their Country".

I can't think of any other country, (please correct me if I am wrong) that has been kind enough to make the same offer to every generation born on their soil........

SO WEAK... SO WEAK.......

We do not hold a monopoly on military history. Until Japan was disarmed after WW2 they would have easily fallen into that club. Russia - You think they didn't lose people in Afghanistan? China - an individual life does not seem to mean much (of course you aren't asked to die for your country - but they will kill you if you speak too loudly) Don't even get started on Africa - various tribes have been killing each other since before the US was a dream...they have just gotten more efficient.

Israel - mandatory universal conscription - (a lot of european countries do the same) - and you're a hell of a lot more likely to see real conflict in the Israeli armed forces than just about any other fighting force...

So yeah....you're wrong.

Unfortunately, every journalist leaving the MSM is blogging that the corporate news headquarters-who are looking to sell ad space, BTW-are pushing interest toward fluff and away from the war. Seems like the war is a downer and you can't sell too many big screen TVs or cars with ads interspersed with war coverage.

I recently took a pediatric life support class with a physician's assistant who'd just come back from 3 years in the Army Reserves deployed in Iraq. He was a little dismayed that the American public was into American Idol and not into really supporting the troops-I was embarrassed for all of us....

He was in the infantry-no green zone deployment for him, although I'm not sure what "the green zone" is. My ex-husband tells me they routinely received rocket fire in the green zone in Baghdad

The Green Zone is the "safe area" high security US and coalition area. As opposed to manning a check point in Fallujah or Ramadi. The Green Zone is the REAR in a war that has no Rear.:lurk:

We do not hold a monopoly on military history. Until Japan was disarmed after WW2 they would have easily fallen into that club. Russia - You think they didn't lose people in Afghanistan? China - an individual life does not seem to mean much (of course you aren't asked to die for your country - but they will kill you if you speak too loudly) Don't even get started on Africa - various tribes have been killing each other since before the US was a dream...they have just gotten more efficient.

Israel - mandatory universal conscription - (a lot of european countries do the same) - and you're a hell of a lot more likely to see real conflict in the Israeli armed forces than just about any other fighting force...

So yeah....you're wrong.

+1

Congress sucks

Bush Sucks

we'll soon find out if the supreme court sucks or not when they rule on the Heller case.

Howz about constitutional anarchy?:biggthump

What torques me the most is the fact that we pay the people who entertain us for an hour or two at a time, MILLIONS of dollars a year to play a game, or pretend in front of a camera. Then we pay the people responsible for the freedom to enjoy these amusements next to nothing. I can't quite remember what the actual number is, but a phenominal percentage of our soldiers live well below the "poverty line". For some more interesting reading, look up the salary of a Cop, Paramedic or Firefighter who works the area around that multi billion dollar steriod stadium downtown.

What torques me the most is the fact that we pay the people who entertain us for an hour or two at a time, MILLIONS of dollars a year to play a game, or pretend in front of a camera. Then we pay the people responsible for the freedom to enjoy these amusements next to nothing. I can't quite remember what the actual number is, but a phenominal percentage of our soldiers live well below the "poverty line". For some more interesting reading, look up the salary of a Cop, Paramedic or Firefighter who works the area around that multi billion dollar steriod stadium downtown.

...and we also pay our soldiers next to nothing to protect private contractors and their employee's ,who make 10 times as much as they do.:mad: