Note to New Members ×

Preparing the topsheet...

Ray

Guest Randy S.

I found this tip on Tognar's tips page. I haven't tried it, but you might want to:

CLEAN TOPS

After washing the tops of skis or snowboards with warm water and dish soap, let them dry then spray on some ArmorAll and spread it smoothly over the top. Allow the ski/snowboard to sit level for an hour, then lightly wipe with a paper towel. Then let the ski dry in a warm place for 24-48 hours. Many of the top scratches will not be visible anymore, and the long drying time creates a hard coating that will help protect the top and keep snow from sticking, too.

I use bacon grease. Snow don't stick to my board. CMC drizzles hot butter on his and wipes it off with white bread toast. One day last year, he set his board down on the top sheet and it slid off the hill. Bindings didn't stop it.

One item that I apply to the tops of my boards is Rain-X. The stuff that makes rain drops fly off your windshield makes snow do the same thing on the top of your board. I apply it two to three times a season and I'm good to go. I also apply it to the bindings with a small 1" paint brush but I do'nt wipe it off. This seems to keep the snow from packing up in the bindings.