Note to New Members ×

Internships with a cool financial/tech/green company (any, not all)?

dshack

I'm a sophomore econ major at Lewis and Clark College, and I'm looking for an internship for the summer, so I can build my resume and get my hands wet working with an organization. I'd like to find a company in the financial or technology sector if possible, particularly one with a kind of green bent to their operations. If anyone has any leads or connections, I would very much appreciate it; the only restriction is that because of housing costs, I would need to be in or near PDX or San Francisco.

I have a pretty strong background in microeconomics (finished the track, up to the 400-levels), Information Technology (A year of computer science, two years working for our IT department), and general administrative and project work (Couple years on a nonprofit board, and working as an RA at the college). I've got a high GPA, and I'm not half bad at Japanese. If you happen to know a place I'd be a good fit, please let me know.

Dshack, isn't housing super-expensive in Frisco and Portland?

I'd suggest you consider federal-government internships in DC. Housing is expensive there, too, but there are cheap places for interns to stay. There are so many agencies looking for interns. (And a lot of NGOs, too.) With your econ and IT background, foreign-language skill, and writing ability (evinced by your correct use of a semicolon), I think there are several you'd have a good shot at.

Good luck!