Note to New Members ×

OT: traffic question for WA people

Mike T

I'll be driving from PDX up to Sun Peaks for the Snowperformance Carve Camp in December. How early in the AM does Seattle area traffic get bad? I'm trying to figure out what time I need to leave in order to get through before it gets backed up. This would be on a Thursday morning.

Originally posted by Mike T

I'll be driving from PDX up to Sun Peaks for the Snowperformance Carve Camp in December. How early in the AM does Seattle area traffic get bad? I'm trying to figure out what time I need to leave in order to get through before it gets backed up. This would be on a Thursday morning.

Any chance you are coming with someone? If so the car pool lanes will help out.

Mike,

4AM PDX departure will avoid most of the SEA traffic and get you there around noon. Best routing is I-5 to Bellingham, take the Bellis Fair/Meridian exit, then cross into BC at Sumas. From there its HWY 1 east to HWY 5 (Toll road) to Kamloops. Pretty easy drive on good roads. I will be sending out all the camp info including travel suggestions a week or so out.

Just talked to a pal at Sun Peaks and he sez its dumping up there - 15 in so far at mid station and forecast to chuck down all week. Opening day is Nov 22nd and I'll be up there over Thanksgiving holiday, so I'll post a scouting report.

-Sean