Note to New Members ×

Review Section

Scott

I notice there are many sites that have an equipment review section; MTBreview.com, for instance. It seems a lot of threads are started looking for info on a particular board or boots. Next month you get the same question.

Now I know there is a search function but many times comments are buried in long posts. Maybe a section to store all these comments would be useful.

There may be some conflict due to Bomber selling much of the alpine gear and not wanting bad reviews but I would find it useful.

Ant thoughts?

As cool as the review section is, it's nowhere near as comprehensive as the wisdom you can find with a little searching. I feel like it would be nice to either start a "gear reviews" section of the board, and keep one thread per board, or go through (I'd be happy to help with this) and copy/paste experiences from the thread into the review sections. There's got to be a better way to consolidate board reviews.

As cool as the review section is, it's nowhere near as comprehensive as the wisdom you can find with a little searching. I feel like it would be nice to either start a "gear reviews" section of the board, and keep one thread per board, or go through (I'd be happy to help with this) and copy/paste experiences from the thread into the review sections. There's got to be a better way to consolidate board reviews.

Yeah, it seems that although a reviews section does exist, it has been in a state of neglect by the readership for some time now. There is a lot more current "review" type information in the forum pages it seems.

I'm not exactly sure how open-source this forum software is, or how involved the site staff are in manipulating it, but it would be great if posters or users could flag posts as reviews, select the board of which they are a review, and have those aggregated in the review section.