Note to New Members ×

BEST CUSTOM RACE BOARD POLL (ignore the other one!)

Guest bcope29

What is the best custom race board  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best custom race board

• Donek
    • Tomahawk
    • Coiler
    • Liberation
    • Prior
    • Kessler

Can you clarify what boards are "eligible"?

• Any alpine board made by the manufacturer (including someone else's custom design)
  • Any alpine board whose flex is customized to the buyer
  • A full-on custom template, designed just for the buyer

Even with that clarified, the poll is hard to interpret unless you know which ones people have tried....

Guest bcope29

I couldn't put BS on the list, because there are no longer BS board. BJ Slater, the maker of thoes boards (BS-BJ Slater...get it?...lol) turned his BS board company into a full fledged snowboard manufacturer and is called liberation. They make great wakeboards too!!!

those who have had pleasure of riding one know what I mean

here it is some of the boards that people that raced for burton got were totally hot my case in point is a 180 I rode a few years ago

I think that if allot care is given during production, quality materials and some rider input any company can make a very good board

I guess what I am saying is maybe that any company that is willing to do customs for consumers should get your patronage think about it customs must be a pain in the ass for a manufacturer

I have both a Coiler and a Donek love em both. which is better ?

depends on what you want to do and what type of ride you like

Guest Randy S.

I'm going to withold my opinion on this until my first ever Coiler shows up in a week or two. Bruce, Bruce, anybody??

Oh, you left off Volkl. In my weekend warrior league, all 5 of the top guys do SL on Renntigers. GS is all over the map.

Please bear in mind that those "Burton" customs made for the race team may not have even been made in the same country as the production boards. Same with Sims. You're right, there are many companies that could make a better board than they currently sell, but if the public accepts what's made, why spend more on design and materials without knowing that they could sell the board for more? Lucky for us, this is what drives the custom board makers today - it certainly isn't profit. Lucky for us!

I haven't tried any of the custom boards. My f2 is awfully good. Is it possible the custom boards are better? Or is it just the "in" thing to have a custom board.

I was at the Mt. Bachelor world cup PGS. I saw a LOT of f2s. I also saw a LOT of boards with no graffics so I assumed they were the custom boards.