Note to New Members ×

Mammoth 3-26 to 3-28

gdboytyler

I'm heading to Mammoth for a long weekend. Anybody else going? I'm going with a couple of softbooters.

It looks like the big storm got downgraded to a minor disturbance. Possible 6" for Friday night.

GaryJ, good to hear you enjoyed Mammoth last weekend despite the heat.

Tyler it seems we keep missing each other on the mammoth connection. You should have fun this weekend especially during the first few hours the mountain is open for snow will be good for carving. I will be going up the following weekend for several days during the kids spring break. Have fun. GC

I just got back from Mammoth a couple of hours ago. Friday (3-26) morning was great. 1 foot of fresh powder, light crowds and the top was open (later in the AM)! The top got socked in and closed down in the afternoon.

I tried riding my Oxygen Proton 164 in the pow for a couple runs, but that was too much work. I switched to my brand new Burton Fish and had a great time. That board is sooo easy to ride in powder!

Sat and Sun were just your standard bluebird, spring sessions.

I only ran into one other carver - that dude almost T-boned me on Sunday! I didn't feel like talking to him.

GaryJ, looks like another storm will be hitting Mammoth later this week. You'll be scoring also!