Note to New Members ×

My breakthrough day ends with Oxycontin & Pizza.

queequeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, mine was on a real good day too. I let the docs convince me to leave it to mend on its own and now have a huge bump. Should've gotten a plate instead. Heal fast

No way, Jose ??!!

I'm curious what your Dr said.

I broke my clavicle when I was in my early 20's, getting launched high side over the bars of my rice rocket. NAsty crash but pretty lucky.

It just mended and I wore the clav strap for a month or two. Now it's a bump I never notice.

an audible "snap" ?? :confused: ouuuch !

Heal up and plan on riding again in late March.

pizza, drugs, coffee drinks, drugs, repeat

you were on a bus trip ???

argh, that sux.... !

I was having a good day yesterday, and woremyself out. I went home "Sick" and today I'm definately ill. Nothing broken, but definately beat up.

I had my rear toe bail release on me as I was "stomping" a landing off a roller yesterday. Luckily I kinda felt it, and was on my heelside., so I sat it down.

I need to figure out a way to keep these td-2s from opening up on me. Perhaps a strap or some velcro around the toe bail will do teh trick, cause it freeks me out thinking this thing will open up again.......

No way, Jose ??!!

I'm curious what your Dr said.

I broke my clavicle when I was in my early 20's, getting launched high side over the bars of my rice rocket. NAsty crash but pretty lucky.

It just mended and I wore the clav strap for a month or two. Now it's a bump I never notice.

an audible "snap" ?? :confused: ouuuch !

Heal up and plan on riding again in late March.

pizza, drugs, coffee drinks, drugs, repeat

you were on a bus trip ???

Way!!!

I got a referral to an orthopedic surgeon who is supposed to be very good. Seeing him tomorrow am ... will post x-rays :-). I am going to be aggressive about trying to get this thing to heal quickly. Hoping to ride again by the third week of february, if gingerly. My crash was wicked nasty so I'm lucky it isnt that bad. I'm just frustrated that it is going to put a damper on my first real season in many years... Otherwise, she gave me plenty of drugs. I'm working from home this week.

Hrrrm - I'm thinking of getting a motorcycle this summer, or learning anyway.

Yeah, I take a bus from Manhattan to VT to ride on the weekends for day trips. Get up 3am, bus leaves at 4:30, sleep, ride, return :-).

micro current stimulation would help healing and pain.

See http://www.painmasterpatch.com/painmaster.asp?c=chiro

wei labs has an herbal poultice type patch that speeds bone healing immensely called the fasst patch and another called the whitee patch.

http://www.weilab.com/

I have used both with excellent results.

pdf on bone growth and micro current if interested see link 53 pages

http://www.painmasterpatch.com/PDF/BoneGrowth.pdf

Yhanks for all the good info D - I'm definitely going to ask the orthopedics doc about the stim machine!!!

I had my rear toe bail release on me as I was "stomping" a landing off a roller yesterday. Luckily I kinda felt it, and was on my heelside., so I sat it down.

I need to figure out a way to keep these td-2s from opening up on me. Perhaps a strap or some velcro around the toe bail will do teh trick, cause it freeks me out thinking this thing will open up again.......

Go step-in. I had trouble with toe bails too (and usually when landing jumps) but Intec solved that.

Plus they are cool. Like, James Bond cool.

I used a stim machine a few yrs ago for back spasms, worked like a charm. The one I borrowed was very adjustable for wave shape, wave length,& frequency. It took afew trys to dail it in, the wrong setting was pain, the right setting was bliss. Never thought about it enhancing bone growth but it makes sense to me.

Good luck

You and I can do our "booty" dance together. That is if I get to that stage by SES
Hopefully you will make it to SES. Hopefully I will be able to ride. Otherwise we can do the boot scooting boogie for everyone.

Sucks to see so many injuries so early on this season! Maybe we can all engage in some kind of bone-healing ritual so that we can all heal in time make it out to SES?? (I'm not signed up yet)

A friend of mind recommended a good Sports Medicine Doctor recently, I'm gonna hook up with him as soon as the surgery is done.

• 2 years later...

Well queequeg, I hope all is well with your shoulder. I will be in for major reconstructive shoulder surgery to reattach my collarbone to my shoulder and a bone graft near my neck to bring my shoulder back up into position. Seems that everyone missed the fact that the shoulder end of my collarbone was not attached to anything anymore and the inside pieces floated about until they found something to stick to. Mmmmm, nice

Lots of plates, screws, a bone graft and a paste made from my own blood...and no surfing or carving for 6 months. :barf:

Well queequeg, I hope all is well with your shoulder. I will be in for major reconstructive shoulder surgery to reattach my collarbone to my shoulder and a bone graft near my neck to bring my shoulder back up into position. Seems that everyone missed the fact that the shoulder end of my collarbone was not attached to anything anymore and the inside pieces floated about until they found something to stick to. Mmmmm, nice

Lots of plates, screws, a bone graft and a paste made from my own blood...and no surfing or carving for 6 months. :barf:

Bummer! That totally blows. My shoulder ... or at least that part of it, is totally well. I popped my shoulder out of socket a few times this winter. I'm probably going to look into rehabbing that this summer, but it is unrelated to the collarbone issue I had back then.

Did you have your plate and screws removed? I don't want to go from protruding bone to the same in metal instead. I am told that they will take my arm out of the cast after 8 wks for a brief dangle every day for a few more weeks. Just whining.

I'm not sure of terminology but my collarbone broke loose from my shoulder before snapping in half and the separation was not noticed. Separation sounds good. It feels like my arm is not held up by my shoulder and my shoulderblade does not stay in all the way. The last xray shows that my shoulder is gradually dropping each year. I don't know how I have been able to paddle a surfboard the last 5 yrs.

hey Jim.

is this the same Jim that broke his collarbone at Kirkwood riding with some dude from Boston 5 years ago. That was me. Sorry to hear that your collarbone still hasn't healed. Was a great day up to that point. That sucks.

Hopefully I'll be out in Kirkwood next year.

Alberto

hey Jim.

is this the same Jim that broke his collarbone at Kirkwood riding with some dude from Boston 5 years ago. That was me. Sorry to hear that your collarbone still hasn't healed. Was a great day up to that point. That sucks.

Hopefully I'll be out in Kirkwood next year.

Alberto

Hey Alberto,

Yup I am that Jim, and you were ripping on Upper Zachary that day too. What made me go to the rarely groomed black diamond run when all of the runs were killer that day is beyond me. I still remember your faces when I pulled up at the lift holding my arm. I have never taken the sled down yet.

Anyway...I got tooled bigtime and the docs missed it on the xrays.

I hope you are doing well. Your carving looked about as good as it can get in '05. I should be carving Upper Zachary again by January. Let me know and I will be there. (need a smiley on crutches)

I separated my clavicle from the scapula a couple of years ago. My son cut in front of me - hit him in the back and cracked a couple of his ribs. Crushed my shoulder enough to tear it all apart.

I know what you mean by the pain in getting the clothing off, especially when you got a doctor with a pair of shears in his hand waiting to cut off about $250 in clothing.

Really can't fix me, so I got a bone poking up. Great for freaking women out at parties, but you gotta get your suits refitted.

Best advice I can give is to heavily sedate your wife at bedtime - at least one of you will get some sleep.

Post wreck checklist:

1. Check if you still got your nuts.

2. Check if you still got your teeth.

3. Hold up thumb and announce "I'm fine"

4. Proceed to check for broken bones and internal damage.

post-4037-141842309913_thumb.jpg