Note to New Members ×

Q: Determining T-hawk Construction?

wavechaser

gecko,

do you know who's selling this board? It's in your neck of the woods.

Lots of good info here on a rippin board. Same guy I got my Coiler EX from has that board, mighty enticing when he spoke of selling it.

I say....CAGE match with db and bobdea, sorry rick. :p couldn't resist

same guy sold a Madd 158 recently (I got sniped on that one!)

maybe CMC? last I heard he was in that area?

same guy sold a Madd 158 recently (I got sniped on that one!)

maybe CMC? last I heard he was in that area?

the carvemeister ? yeah...maybe.

This is a Tomahawk Alpine World Class Race board, made in Hungary by Sigi. It is a capped construction board, 180cm long, 19.5cm at the waist and has a stance of 48.5 cm (note there are only two sets of 4 holes each so that the stance width is important. If is blazingly fast, it is the same board that is ridden by world cup riders. It has had two owners. It was owned by a Canadian team rider and was his 3rd board, I puchased it the season before last along with several other world cup class GS boards. I am on the east coast and last year was awful and wound up riding hardly at all. I am traveling heavily now and will not have the chance to ride it much so up on ebay it goes. email me with any questions

travelling heavily ?? what's up with that ?Euro slalom circuit ?.

sounds like he knows exactly what he's got, cmc or not.

gonna be watchin' the auction. :lurk:

bc, I've got this big ole burner I hardly ever ride. not pink tho, blue :rolleyes:

once again, you talk smack but you don't know

Caps are made with a vacuum.....

I have no idea where you got that idea???? I help out at garage occasionally and they are all made in a press there. Oh yeah and they are all cap construction. It just depends on the tooling you have.:eplus2:

I have not ridden the Metal tommy SL stick so I have no point of referance.

I have heard some of the steamboat kids say the same. I like metal in everything.

Including SL sticks. Most USSA athletes have gone to metal SL sticks. In the past year or so. Only a few T-hawks out there mostly Kesslers, SG an F2 SL sticks.

The SG SL board rips with metal so do the custom Kesslers.

Thanks again...someone from out your way, well - PART way, just offered me an SG SL metal...I'm getting specs - just hope it's wide enough!

gecko,

do you know who's selling this board? It's in your neck of the woods.

Lots of good info here on a rippin board. Same guy I got my Coiler EX from has that board, mighty enticing when he spoke of selling it.

I say....CAGE match with db and bobdea, sorry rick. :p couldn't resist

No worries...the Tommy I'm looking at isn't listed anywhere though. :eplus2:

I have no idea where you got that idea???? I help out at garage occasionally and they are all made in a press there. Oh yeah and they are all cap construction. It just depends on the tooling you have.:eplus2:

generally capped boards are made by bagging, many people have told me this that are in the know. usually because it's easier and cheaper to do. and the nature of that construction lends well to that method.

caps are also generally low end sleds too, not the case with tomahawks but generally cap means POS.

http://www.geocities.com/cheapwill2000/vacuumbagging.htm

generally capped boards are made by bagging, many people have told me this that are in the know. usually because it's easier and cheaper to do. and the nature of that construction lends well to that method.

caps are also generally low end sleds too, not the case with tomahawks but generally cap means POS.

http://www.geocities.com/cheapwill2000/vacuumbagging.htm

It is true that cap construction was used to achieve performance in low end boards. However, it is incorrect to generalize by branding cap boards as POS.

Excellent, high end boards can and have been built using cap constuction.

Identity is just one example. This has allot to do with John's work and attention to detail and advanced theories. Wish he would get to building alpine boards again. Sorry OT.

It is true that cap construction was used to achieve performance in low end boards. However, it is incorrect to generalize by branding cap boards as POS.

Excellent, high end boards can and have been built using cap constuction.

Identity is just one example. This has allot to do with John's work and attention to detail and advanced theories. Wish he would get to building alpine boards again. Sorry OT.

generally speaking for myself only, POS to me means paying top dollar for something that is less durable, does not hold a edge as well and has few if any performance advantages not atainable with other constructions but is cheaper to produce yet I pay the same price. you can still make a mighty nice capped ride. Tomahawks and F2s great examples of quality in spite of being capped.

As I mentioned before even Solomon the company that pushed caps the hardest are moving away from them. Rosignol, k2 and Head are as well in much of their lineups. most rental skis are still capped though.

Mervin is too, jibbers don't like the explodamatic reaction capped boards tend to have if you beat them on rails and such