Note to New Members ×

Tricked Out 2008 Prior WCR Metal

Algunderfoot

Hey Forumites,

I thought you all might get a kick out of the new ride, this was an early Christmas present from Felicia, but for the money I thought the factory finish needed a little more "pop". Well, with the help of the guys at Prior, and some maticulous hand polishing, a couple custom die cut decals, and I now have a Prior WCR-Metal North Coast Custom.

Check it out....

Al

post-2562-141842243263_thumb.jpg

ohhh ****

do explain how you did that

Bob, if you've seen the Prior Metals, they come with what I would call a "Mill" finish. The first thing I thought of was just a straight polish, then I wanted to go with the "old school" swirl polish you'd see on European stainless and fire trucks. That however requires a machine to do it semetrically. In either case I was looking for an old school, race inspired "GT" look

So first I polished the board tip to tail with a large piece of scotch bright and a 16" piece of 1" x2" so the grain all ran one direction. Then with muliple rows of masking tape in place I hand polished select exposed squares from edge to edge. The tape had to be set three times to achieve the basic "weave' pattern. Then I came back with a finer grade of pad to create the brighter swath accross the nose and through the logo. Prior provided additional logo decals, and the other two, the snow capped "KEEP OFF!", the naughty she devil, as well as the cafe' striping, I custom ordered online.

I named her "Liz"...just can't decide if it should be "Tin Lizzie", or "Lizzie Board'n".

Specs per request are standard for this 187cm WCR Metal

Nose: 24.4 cm

Waist: 19.6 cm

Tail: 24.0 cm

Sidecut: 14 M

The angle of this photo makes it look like the nose is wider than it is.

Al

Wow Al that is a beauty! Can you post a close up pic of the nose area for us?

Good job Felicia, i'm quite sure Al thinks you're a nice girlfriend!

Here you go Randy,

And yes I am happy to keep her, besides she puts up with me :o ...and she is getting close to keeing up with me :freak3:

Al

post-2562-141842243269_thumb.jpg

Al, if you ever break up with her, and find that you have to "throw away or burn" all the things that remind you of her......................

Please call me and I'll be lurking in the bushes for when that board goes out the window.... :p

I got my chick a Rozzi board this year, I couldn't wait till Xmas, so I gave it to her last weekend and we rode the bunny hill together, then later in the evening we lay in bed and moaned and winced in pain from icetastrophic hip bone bruises together..... the Post olympic sport tradition.....

Synchronised moaning.......

:lol:

* get yer mind outa the gutter.

That is one of the most pimped out boards I have ever seen....

I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I WANT ONE!!!!

Hey Dave,

By "Keeping her I was refering to Felicia, not the board. In either case I would suggest you procure one rather than wait for me, we may all be to old at that point.....

I love the Synchronized moaning term, which I will borrow if you don't mind. Between Summer's water sports and Winter's riding, that is true more often than not. Last night was a Symphony. I am glad we are past the contusion phase of the relationship as now it's more hyperextensions, post session burn, and an occasional concuss.....Isn't this lifestyle grand! :cool:

Have a great season!

Al

Nice board - some lookalikes are coming :lurk: :lurk:

Hey Hans,

Is Bruce qoing to lay this down on metal Coiler for you? That would be sweet in deed. Chris Pryor has also responded and wants one of his own. Perhaps we are on to something, how about a Discovery Channel series on board builders. Boarder build off ? I will glady take a pass on any royalties in favor of being remembered for inspiration.....Ok, I would accept plenty of Swag :biggthump

Al

Hey Hans,

Is Bruce qoing to lay this down on metal Coiler for you? That would be sweet in deed. Chris Pryor has also responded and wants one of his own. Perhaps we are on to something, how about a Discovery Channel series on board builders. Boarder build off ? I will glady take a pass on any royalties in favor of being remembered for inspiration.....Ok, I would accept plenty of Swag :biggthump

Al

Considering how media exposure can help, it could be a good thing for builders and for wider acceptance of the sport.The action footage might be slightly more entertaining than watching a bunch of fat guys riding along at 30 mph on their latest choppers.(Not that there's anything wrong with that:)

Hi, Al

Actually it's a design of SHRED, posted here before in November or something earlier from his project SCHTUBBY X2. Mine will be in dutch orange!! The green one is saved/spoken for SHRED only!!

Will be ready somewhere in January, I hope. Have fun with your racing Prior!

Guest Tool Can

Uhmm yeah, Nice touch. That is a sweet F!#%$*#

West Coast rig

The only thing I would change is. ----- NOTHING!:1luvu:

We do pay to play $$$$ these Daze

Deck $1000, Boots w/Intec $500, Binders $300-$350

Not trying to be in poor taste but $1850 is a hole,--

-a whole,-a hole lot "O"--.Whole lot "O" Freaken Money!!