Note to New Members ×

NYC Hardbooters - looking for weekend Rides ...

queequeg

Hey - thought I'd give this a shot.

I'm planning on riding as much as possible this winter, starting next weekend. Wondering if there are any NYC'ers who head up to (any) mountain with any regularity on the weekends? I don't have a car but if you want company (and cas/toll money) I'd be psyched to help/share ... and uhh ... have a ride ... seeing as how I don't have a car and all :-)

I live in Queens (astoria), and live right on the N so meeting in Queens/Manhattan is very easy for me.

Hey - thought I'd give this a shot.

I'm planning on riding as much as possible this winter, starting next weekend. Wondering if there are any NYC'ers who head up to (any) mountain with any regularity on the weekends? I don't have a car but if you want company (and cas/toll money) I'd be psyched to help/share ... and uhh ... have a ride ... seeing as how I don't have a car and all :-)

I live in Queens (astoria), and live right on the N so meeting in Queens/Manhattan is very easy for me.

Hey My parents used to live there! ( I may have when I was little)

Id like to get a place back there someday, its been a LONG time since ive been back. But hey if by any chance I drive out there this winter...

I've been here just about four years now ... finally gotten used to it.

I'm determined to ride every weekend I'm here this winter, which will be tricky without a car, but there are busses. Next weekend is my first ( was sick this weekend ).

Give me a heads up if you drive out here at all!

Hi

I will be going a lot to windham i am teaching snowboard beginers and advance/carving this seson. I am accualy going next saturday but i need to be back in brooklyn sat night. I might be going on sun as well but probably not too early. Plus i will be going a lot this seson so lets talk, call me 917 3316615 so we can talk details.

I went this weekend and it conditions where ok

Przemek

Hi

I will be going a lot to windham i am teaching snowboard beginers and advance/carving this seson. I am accualy going next saturday but i need to be back in brooklyn sat night. I might be going on sun as well but probably not too early. Plus i will be going a lot this seson so lets talk, call me 917 3316615 so we can talk details.

I went this weekend and it conditions where ok

Przemek

Hey Cool - that sounds great - I'll give you a ring tonight when I get home!!

Hi, Queequeg. I live on the east side of Midtown Manhattan, very near Grand Central. I also have a car in the city. I plan to head upstate or to western MA for day trips a few times this winter. If you don't mind meeting me at GCT and getting up pretty early in the AM (to get first tracks), you'd be welcome to ride with me. I've been eyeing Butternut and Plattekill, but I'm open to other ideas if you have any.

See ya later!

Przemek - I've been meaning to call you - I've been crazy busy and I had trips already planned last weekend and this weekend.

cail - stuck with the Stratos. I like them so far but I Really want to get the BTS on there, which I suspect with be totally awesome. Still thinking about putting a thrermofit liner in there and maybe doing some bootfitting. After this weekend I will know for sure. nonetheless, my curiosity remains about the 700T.

A really great resource I have discovered is the NY Snowboarding Group on meetup ... though that is obviuosly going to be a bunch of softbooters, they take regular weekend trips/weekday trips - (both day and all weekend trips) to Hunter, Windham, Stratton, Okemo and Mt. Snow. They also have a stowe trip.

That said, I would really like to hook up with some carvers - so give me a shout if you are going (anywhere).

i have the Stratos too, but i need to drop down a size at least. i'm also considering a pair of Deeluxe 325s, but i'll probably stick with the Heads... i also ordered BTS... but still waiting since they're on backorder.

i'm hitting up Jiminy Peak on Sunday (Hancock, MA). Butternut only has 12 trails open now so I may wait til after the new year to check it out.

probably going to ride on friday morning and/or saturday afternoon, but not sure where yet.

Pow - that mean you're not heading to Jiminy this sunday? if not i'll probably see you around after the new year, since I'll be gone for about 2 weeks.

im probably staying home this weekend, got too much studying to do:smashfrea

but the next weekend is a definite (though im not sure where... jiminy, windham, whiteface, gore, belleayre, maple, and even royal <GHASP!>are all possibilities.)

i have the Stratos too, but i need to drop down a size at least. i'm also considering a pair of Deeluxe 325s, but i'll probably stick with the Heads... i also ordered BTS... but still waiting since they're on backorder.

i'm hitting up Jiminy Peak on Sunday (Hancock, MA). Butternut only has 12 trails open now so I may wait til after the new year to check it out.

probably going to ride on friday morning and/or saturday afternoon, but not sure where yet.

Pow - that mean you're not heading to Jiminy this sunday? if not i'll probably see you around after the new year, since I'll be gone for about 2 weeks.

I think my stratos will fit me nearly perfect after a few more days - I have heard that bootfitters are less afraid of the stratos shells, as they are of the deeluxes, which may be an advantage if you're getting some bootfitting done.

I'm at killington this weekend, in italy the next and probably at stowe the weekend after that - but if Idon't do stowe I imagine I will go to windham or hunter or one of the more local mountains.