Note to New Members ×

WTB: Kesslers

oldkey

• 2 weeks later...

I did notice the board, but at new prices it is outside of our budget. As importantly, I am worried about the stiffness of the board for my 134lb rider. Most used Kesslers in the racing circles are going for $500 or so and have seen some softening......was hoping for one of those.

Looks like we're close to ordering a Prior Metal 163.....will keep saving/hoping for a Kessler GS (175/177).

Thanks for looking out for us. I'll keep my eyes open for extra bails.....I am assuming that you tried the Klug site? That's where I got my spares. Do you change them on a regular basis.....or do you wait to see some wear?

Thanks again

Thanks for looking out for us. I'll keep my eyes open for extra bails.....I am assuming that you tried the Klug site? That's where I got my spares. Do you change them on a regular basis.....or do you wait to see some wear?

Thanks again

Yeah, I've bought bails from Klug before, but he REALLY raised the price of them this year. The Ibex toe bails were $12 each last year and now they are $20, the heel bails were $8 each last year and now they are $15 - so a full set went from $40 to $70...the price of a new set of Ibex plates ($179) didn't change at all...go figure.

I change them out after using for 150 days or so (usually 2-3 seasons) - or if I see indications of wear or fatigue. I do like to keep some older spares around just in case I have a problem at a race and just need to complete my race runs, then replace with new ones later.

I have used Burton Race Plates since 1995 - I'm 6'3" and 200 lbs., ride very hard, racing AND bumps, and have never broken a single piece, even on the carriers. Never popped out either, but I don't race USSA level dual very much in those monster ruts, and at age 45 and a USASA Legends racer, I'm no Klug or Adam Smith. :)

Hey Matt, this is Mimi.

I just ordered new kessler slalom and gs boards, so if your interested i'll be selling the 174 kessler I bought from Erica as soon as i get the new one.

The only problem is who knows when I'm going to get them ha ha... He said they'll be ready to ship by the middle of January, but you never know. ANYWAY, if you think you might be interested i'll be doing the USASA races at Welch next week and patrick is welcome to try it out then.

Hope you guys are doing well!

Hey Mimi

Yes - let's put Patrick on Erica's board at Welch. It has standard inserts, correct? Did you see the new Kessler SL board on the for sale classifieds? Based on the reading I have done, January would be very, very quick to get your new boards.....but let's think positive!

We look forward to seeing you at Welch. Hopefully your mom will ride as well.....like old home week!

.....for when we get the money saved! We'd like to try a few used boards first then I'm sure next year we'll be in the buying mode....or maybe we'll just buy your boards every year. :) Are you getting a 162 for SL? Are you still riding cants back and front? Will you be putting something between the cant and the boardd? Patrick's Prior Metal got damaged traveling to RTTC - topsheet buckled slightly at the cant....wonder if I should have either 1) taken it off before travel or 2) had a rubber piece between the board and the cant.

No im getting a 155 or 56 for slalom and a 177 for GS. I'm just riding cants on my back foot now, nothing on the front. Thats too bad about Patrick's board, im not sure if either of those things would have helped or not, it was probably just bad handeling by the airlines...what kind of cants are you using?

• 4 weeks later...
Looking for a used SL board (162) and a GS board (+/- 175) without Hangl plates to be used with conventional Burton Race Plates and cants.

Matt, just a side note regarding the Kesslers, with and without inserts. Take a close look at board that appear to only be set up for Hangl-Spirig plates. You won't see the inserts but you may see dimples where they should be. Drill those dimples and you'll find inserts. Some boards have 'em, some don't.