Dear Buck Hill Diary, Season 2, Disc 1

bobble

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted this in off topic also, but was wondering if someone could pick me up a cities sampler at Target tomorrow morning (they sell out at about 8:05). I can't make the trip up from Rochester. I will be in Burnsville Saturday and could pick it up then and will bring your favorite ale for the effort.

Kenton

Hey Kenton, there were lines hours before the stores opened. Sold out much earlier than 8:05.

Wait until all the hype dies, and pick one up on ebay.

Hey Kenton, there were lines hours before the stores opened. Sold out much earlier than 8:05.

Wait until all the hype dies, and pick one up on ebay.

Bob (bobble) was able to secure a copy for me. The ironic thing is that I was in the Rochester Target a couple of days after that and they had about 100 of them left. Have never known them to ship them down to Cornville but apparently they did this year. Got four more copies for christmas gifts.

I will be with the D-Team until noon but will there be anyone out after that?

See you on the hill sometime...........

Kenton

Official Start Of The Season!

stood in line for about 20 minutes to get my season pass. snowguns were going. it was frickin' cold with the wind. must've been 20 mph wind up on top. buck had alot of runs open for being the first day. oh, and alot of kids were out.

i was riding softboot mode and it was a little dicey with packs of kids bombing the hill, switching. jumping, etc. got bumped by one kid -- i slowed down because i was in the middle of a pack of bombers, looked uphill and this kid was out of control. he fell on his ass and chattered into me. i held up. no biggie. i wouldn't break out the alpine board just yet till more runs open.

snow looked really good for being the start. having multiple runs was a bonus. there are spots where there's bare ice. big patches but over near the guns. crossroads was a little bumpy and irregular, had some hard spots, and was just crowded. milkrun was icy and chunky at the very top but was fair all the way down. i was expecting alot worse.

not sure if i can make thursday. work sucks. ms. bobble taunted me at work for thinking about missing opening day. so i went.

Just Shut Up and Swing

seemed like this one liftie was going out of his way to be friendly. the guy reminded me of that chotchkies waiter in "office space". try to picture that waiter saying the following:

"hey sir! are you ready for another?"

"hey! how we doing? watch it! here it comes?"

"hey how you like your snowboard?"

"hey! how do you like that leash?"

etc, etc, etc. he must've been bored.

I would think with this little cold snap all the areas will be laying down some decent snow.

I'm still waiting on my boots, so I am forced to wait anyway.

I did upgrade my shipping, so hopefully they're be here soon. They should ship out this week. I have my fingers crossed anyway!

Saturday

Breezy. Snow likely in the morning...then snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 7 to 8 inches. Highs around 25. East winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night

Breezy. Snow and freezing rain or a chance of light sleet in the evening...then snow likely and areas of light freezing drizzle after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation around 3 inches. Lows around 20. East winds 15 to 25 mph shifting to the north around 15 mph after midnight.

Saturday Night

Breezy. Snow and freezing rain or a chance of light sleet in the evening...then snow likely and areas of light freezing drizzle after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation around 3 inches. Lows around 20. East winds 15 to 25 mph shifting to the north around 15 mph after midnight.

Ughhhhh. Figures! :angryfire

Karl, Dave & all,

Let me know if you guys will be out on Sunday. I am going to be staying in the cities this weekend (bachelor party). After a torn up ankle and leg I'm pumped to get get on a race board again. Will be out sat Saturday with the d-team and hopefully some carving after.

Kenton

I will be there for sure Sunday morning, unless the weather turns into a TOTAL nightmare....... Even then, I think I'll be there.

I will have my new Axxess/Ibex setup, plus playing around with half a BTS for my reactors. You know what they say, only one variable at a time.......:o

<table><th width="100"></th><th width="200"></th><tr><td>Date </td><td>12/1/2007</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>18F, but wind was blowing uphill. stung the face going down</td></tr>

<tr><td>Visibility</td><td>its snowed so it sucked ass!</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>blowing snow. if only i could see</td></tr></table>

had some problems with my front bale. it was loose. when i looked at it closely it looked bent. i end up switching to soft boots. wasn't too bad but the wind was slapping my face. it really hurt. i forgot how cold it gets. i didn't have much face protection. riding up the chair wasn't so bad.

crossroads had snowguns going and i stayed away from it because of the wind/ice. milkrun was okay but i couldn't see. along the fence there was small piles of snow which were were fun. i didn't last long. face was really hurting.

be great if buck could move those fun boxes off milkrun.

if this was mid season, i probably wouldn't have gone. for those who stayed away, probably the right choice. besides, the cops were making people park far away and take a shuttle in. i didn't, i just drove passed them without stopping. i guess joe d. had to park elsewhere. the reason was the "perks abominable snowparty". they wanted to reserve parking for that event. didn't make sense. the lot was not close to being full when i left.

<table><th width="100"></th><th width="200"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>12/2/2007</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>18F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>sucked</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>better then yesterday. decent snow base</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>5</td></tr></table>

early sunday morning... the runs that were open were ballroom, crossroads, milkrun, soylent green, and teachers pet. once again it was was cloudy and snowguns were blowing. hard to see. crossroads sucked. the middle was chunky on some spots. way too many irregularities. i kept falling down because i'd slow down too much on a turn. at one point the sun started to peek through and you could see the cord. the sun lasted maybe 3-4 runs. milkrun was much kinder. snow felt better. didn't fall down as much. i think everyone that was there would agree that milkrun was decent to carve on.

despite the conditions, it felt great to be out.

It's Tard-tastic!

went down the nameless run towards teacher's pet. it had some small rollers. last year i could handle that type of terrain but the visibility was too poor. there was some ski training going on back there. i suspect they were the ski jammers -- all decked out in blue/white matching ski jackets. when i was in the parking lot i saw an SUV that was pimped with Ski Jammer logos. honestly, that has got to be the hardest thing to do, stand in a line in the middle of a shallow run for hours watching some guy demonstrate how to turn on a ski and then take turns doing it. i couldn't do it. God bless them. be better if they did that at Hyland. seriously.

Mr. Safety Says...

buck should move those fun boxes off milkrun. you can't see them head on. second hint.

Stupid Human Trick

i forgot to lift my rear toe bale when getting off the chair. sometimes the rear bale will flop over the edge of the board and when that happens it makes for a great snow brake. i took a tumble while getting off the chair.

doh!

Stupid Human Trick

i forgot to lift my rear toe bale when getting off the chair. sometimes the rear bale will flop over the edge of the board and when that happens it makes for a great snow brake. i took a tumble while getting off the chair.

doh!

Don't feel bad.... I did that yesterday as well.... 2nd run of the season :biggthump

Was thinking of coming up today but while the cities got snow, we had ice down here. Could have played hockey on my road. Sounds like it was a good thing to sleep in. Yesterday was brutal on the face, why didn't I think to bring some cover. Was never able to get into hardboots, ankle was hurting a bit. Ski-Jammers were there on Sat. as well, I think that the snow made them less visible but still in the way. Fun boxes should be off milkrun by next weekend if they can get snow in the park. Will be out Sat again.

<table><th width="100"></th><th width="200"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>12/3/2007</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>14F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>evening lights</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>Excellent!!! still blowing snow</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>1 </td></tr></table>

went in the evening. snow was excellent and very forgiving. stayed on crossroads. there are gates on milkrun but not a big turnout. i only ventured occasionally on milkrun when it wasn't getting bombed. the bottom of the runs were a little rough, i slowed down a bit towards the end of the run. it felt a little bouncy.

ballroom looked wild. they had gates set up on what looked like a roller coaster run. huge mounds up and down the hill.

overall it felt great!

My boots finally showed up today at 9AM. I rushed to get them molded after work at Hoigaards, which I would not reccommend unless you know someone there. The kid that ended up helping me didn't really know what he was doing, I don't think he got them hot enough. I ended up doing it myself, which worked out great.

Anyway, I'll be at Buck tomorrow morning. If anyone is interested, company would be great.