Note to New Members ×

Prior Custom 165

NoWeddings.com

I know the spec sheet lammed into the board says 185, but it's a 165. Trust me. I'm pushing 200 in the dead of winter and that's just not enough board.

Practically flawless... soft burr on the top sheet edge (pictured), but otherwise a babied board.

Got it off this forum last year actually. Not sure if Terry Gardner is still posting, but you can ask him for deets since he was the original owner. I got the feeling he didn't get too many days on it before selling, and including today, I've only put 8 days on it.

I'm going to guess Terry bought it in 2003/4. Can anyone tell from the topsheet what year it is? Terry?

I'm open to selling the TD1's that are already mounted, but with TD2's going for $310, I imagine I'll keep them.

I'll go $300 for the plank delivered.

Thanks,

Greg

post-5295-141842239407_thumb.jpg

post-5295-141842239409_thumb.jpg

post-5295-141842239413_thumb.jpg

ist like das shred stuoobi!

Ha, sthubies are gaining popularity quickly! What's that trend? I've got a tiny Xeena 159 with 14m scr and on soft side. What can I say - very interesting ride, but you have to be precise as the sweet spot is really small...

Ha, sthubies are gaining popularity quickly! What's that trend? I've got a tiny Xeena 159 with 14m scr and on soft side. What can I say - very interesting ride, but you have to be precise as the sweet spot is really small...

Mine, Coiler 164 x 14.7, certainly has a bigger sweet spot than the SL boards that I have ridden.

Guys if it's shorter than him and he's 6 feet then it's less than 72 inches. A 173cm is slightly less than 70 inches.

Why are you questioning the length? It's clearly less than 170cm and 165cm looks spot on considering he's not quite 6 feet tall and the board is noticably shorter then he is?

A 185 would be taller than him....

The board looks about 6 inches shorter than him and he's not quite 6 feet tall so that would be 66 inches which is ~165cm. Give or take...

Sorry for being remiss in these posts gang. I too am starting to doubt that it's a 165 based on what I'm hearing. Let me get a tape mezh and I'll spock it proper.

Should I lay the tape flat on the board, or let it suspend taught from tip to tail? Verticall nose shadow to tail?

Some local interest... I'll update presently.

"Samsonite?!?! HA! I was WAY OFF!" -- Dumb and Dumber

Just put a tape measure tip to tail, taught and got 68 and 3/4" or 174.6cm!!!

Laying the tape along the board only produced another 1/8".

MY BAD! Sorry for the misinfo. It's my first hardboot setup, so it's the only perspective I have on a length-to-ride feel, and 165 was believable to me.

I'd still like to find a 183+ board, so it's still for sale. Gonna update the original post title if I can...

West, the local trade didn't work out, so you've got first dibs if you still want it.

Greg