Note to New Members ×

Takin a trip

pebu

I'm gonna be taking a trip to Steamboat this February and I'm just lookin for a few tips.

First of all, I'm flyin NWA. I'm gonna need to buy a board bag. My longest board right now is a 162, but I'd like to leave room for expansion, cause I'm sure I'll be an equipment whore before too long. I'd like a bag that I'm not scared to clamp in the roof rack and go down the road like that. And, of course, I'd like something I can take on an airline... (I realize the last two kinda contradict each other...)

Is the Bomber bag at all good for airplanes?

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/accessories/board_bag.cfm

It's hard to argue with the price, and I of course want to support Bomber when I can. I'd like to get the concourse, but I really can't justify getting a bag like that for little ol' me. I know it's not the most protective bag, but I was hoping if I were to get enough padding in there (like that foam pipe insulation around the edges, padding, etc...) it would make it.

I know airline travel has been covered (to death), but this is more about that particular bag so I don't think I should get flamed for repeating the air-travel discussion.